Calendar Mines & Meadows 08/10/19

KyleC

KyleC

Apr 21, 2019
Pittsburgh, PA
Ownership

1. 700-2
Planning on a trip to Mines & Meadows 08/10/19. Bringing two, maybe three machines.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Planning on a trip to Mines & Meadows 08/10/19. Bringing two, maybe three machines.
I've had a couple of fun day trips there.

Reactions: KyleC
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Call them ahead of time and ask if they have fixed up their trails lately. Was there a couple weeks ago and even the easiest trails were severely rutted. I was very disappointed. Before I go back I intend to call and ask them about it. It had gone downhill severely since the last time I was there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: KyleC
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Call them ahead of time and ask if they have fixed up their trails lately. Was there a couple weeks ago and even the easiest trails were severely rutted. I was very disappointed. Before I go back I intend to call and ask them about it. It had gone downhill severely since the last time I was there.

Good looking out. That is disappointing to hear. The couple of times I’ve been things were in decent shape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KyleC

KyleC

Apr 21, 2019
Pittsburgh, PA
Ownership

1. 700-2

Thanks for the tip! I'm not a real speed demon anyway (P700). I think with the severe rain we've been having, everywhere is pretty bad, including my place in Greene County. Iv'e never been to a public riding place, always private, and Mines & Meadows is the closest place to home.

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Thanks for the tip! I'm not a real speed demon anyway (P700). I think with the severe rain we've been having, everywhere is pretty bad, including my place in Greene County. Iv'e never been to a public riding place, always private, and Mines & Meadows is the closest place to home.

You will still have fun. But I know I’m not the only one that has been disappointed in the condition of their trails. They spent a bunch of money the last couple years on a new office and a parts store but it seems they aren’t spending anything on maintenance.

It’s a nice trail system, but their signage is terrible. “Easy” sometimes means “wont make it without a winch”. If u happen to see yellow caution tape, take it seriously because it means you will be stuck bad if you try to continue!

I recommend camping there. It’s nice to be able to ride back to camp and eat and relax when u want to. We tend to have just as much fun cooking and eating and drinking at camp as we do riding.

If the trails are rough, make sure you complain! If More people complain, I’d imagine they will have to improve.

KyleC

KyleC

Apr 21, 2019
Pittsburgh, PA
Ownership

1. 700-2
You will still have fun. But I know I’m not the only one that has been disappointed in the condition of their trails. They spent a bunch of money the last couple years on a new office and a parts store but it seems they aren’t spending anything on maintenance.

It’s a nice trail system, but their signage is terrible. “Easy” sometimes means “wont make it without a winch”. If u happen to see yellow caution tape, take it seriously because it means you will be stuck bad if you try to continue!

I recommend camping there. It’s nice to be able to ride back to camp and eat and relax when u want to. We tend to have just as much fun cooking and eating and drinking at camp as we do riding.

If the trails are rough, make sure you complain! If More people complain, I’d imagine they will have to improve.

Good thing I bought a winch from the shop here! Installing next week. Will definitely mention to the fellas coming with.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good thing I bought a winch from the shop here! Installing next week. Will definitely mention to the fellas coming with.
Winch on a SxS is always a good idea imo. You can't really man handle them out like you could the ATV's. Of course riding with multiple machines and a legit tow rope makes it less critical to have the winch.

Reactions: Mudwing
KyleC

KyleC

Apr 21, 2019
Pittsburgh, PA
Ownership

1. 700-2
Talked to the lady at the front office yesterday. The rain here (near Pittsburgh) has been short, but heavy. They are currently working on trails. They are still listed as rutty and muddy. We will be arriving around open (9am), if anyone is interested. I'll be in a P7-2 Camo & my buddy will be on a Can'd Ham. Stop and say hello, we are friendly people.

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Talked to the lady at the front office yesterday. The rain here (near Pittsburgh) has been short, but heavy. They are currently working on trails. They are still listed as rutty and muddy. We will be arriving around open (9am), if anyone is interested. I'll be in a P7-2 Camo & my buddy will be on a Can'd Ham. Stop and say hello, we are friendly people.

Unfortunately I can't make it this weekend. Totally forgot about a wedding and a bachelor party going on tomorrow... That sucks that they are still rutted and muddy. Hopefully they get a lot of complaints and improve things. Report back, take some pics of the carnage. Have fun!

Reactions: KyleC and NTCPrezJB
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
By now i'm sure you're muddy... patiently waiting for pictures...

KyleC

KyleC

Apr 21, 2019
Pittsburgh, PA
Ownership

1. 700-2
Not to bad so far! Only did two easy trails, to break’r in. Taking a break, then finding some fun stuff!

988E8097 951A 4EAA AA57 1791AD7E7A81

KyleC

KyleC

Apr 21, 2019
Pittsburgh, PA
Ownership

1. 700-2
Note to self: Do not attempt a mud hole that you do not see lots tire tracks into or out of. The only tracks were footprints, on either side... (The winching picture)

All in all, Mines and Meadows was a great trip! I highly recommend it if in the Western PA area. The P7 did awesome. It was a bumpy ride, but the Commander shocks did SO much better then OEM. The P7 turned off in the mud hole, but fired right up once I winched it out. Thank god for a 4500lb viper, and an added car/dual battery. We decided to head home once my buddies Can’d Ham decided to start over-heating...

A4A2DBD5 5B10 4ADB A99A 866BC689246F 4AAEDEA8 EBA0 48C7 8298 105E12E97F42 528E4980 1881 4DF7 A968 3F1469E94408

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!