P700 Moose Hunting...

G

Gottaride68

Jul 7, 2018
Northern Alberta
Ownership

1. 700-4
Out Moose hunting up in northern Alberta. We had a great November, the muskeg was Friday frozen enough for me and my 700, but not for 3/4 ton trucks (I came across a couple of dummies stuck on a Powerline, sunk in the mud).
This is my set up...

CAA8B31C CBEB 41CD 840C 6EAFC262682E 6E192C8F C69B 4B02 8A4E 0A5C5A17447F

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
Nice looking rig! What are you using for mud flaps?

Reactions: sharp
L

longbeards

Feb 25, 2014
I love the mud flaps, how did you fasten them, has been muddy for many months here in WV, right now my 700 is more brown then red from 4 weeks of deer hunting! Have some mining belt and may well make a go at making them!
Post a moose pic!! I hunted them when I lived in Ak,,A good bull would be more then one trip I bet!!

Reactions: Mudwing and sharp
G

Gottaride68

Jul 7, 2018
Northern Alberta
Ownership

1. 700-4
Moose 1
Me 0
Unfortunately its paper and wire on my plate this year, I didn't fill my tag. It wasn't for the lack of trying or not being in the right area. We were on all sorts of tracks, tracks on my tracks the whole bit, just no site of fur...

Reactions: Mudwing
G

Gottaride68

Jul 7, 2018
Northern Alberta
Ownership

1. 700-4
I love the mud flaps, how did you fasten them, has been muddy for many months here in WV, right now my 700 is more brown then red from 4 weeks of deer hunting! Have some mining belt and may well make a go at making them!
Post a moose pic!! I hunted them when I lived in Ak,,A good bull would be more then one trip I bet!!

You have to get a little creative to attach the flaps on the rear. I used heavy duty ty-raps. With the box that tilts, it was quite tricky. I'll try and take some pics...

Reactions: Mudwing

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!