Mounting Off road led lights.

M

madmax

Oct 16, 2019
wyoming
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Folks, looking fir good ways to mount a rear backup led light and looking at mounting to the hatd plastic roof area that is tapered down in the back. Looks plenty sturdy, and out if the way from raising the bed or debris underneath. Has anybody done this? Looking at a small 4-6" light. Also looked at the front and it seems one could mount a 12-15" led light on the roof part there. Any one done that?. I see pros, but any cons I'm not looking at? Thanks!

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
The auto-reverse lights from the club store mentioned above are great. I run an amber chase light in the roof section you're talking about:

Hillbillytnt

Hillbillytnt

May 2, 2020
Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Folks, looking fir good ways to mount a rear backup led light and looking at mounting to the hatd plastic roof area that is tapered down in the back. Looks plenty sturdy, and out if the way from raising the bed or debris underneath. Has anybody done this? Looking at a small 4-6" light. Also looked at the front and it seems one could mount a 12-15" led light on the roof part there. Any one done that?. I see pros, but any cons I'm not looking at? Thanks!
3 or 5 seater I’m running 2 4” side shooter pods on the roof of a 3 seater. They are high and dry and stay clean but they leave a bit of a shadow because of the angle. I used one bolt each from the roof mounts but that does limit adjustment. It’s a solid enough mount for two small lights. I would think anything to heavy mounted on the front may bounce a little at higher speeds but I could be wrong. I highly recommend the reverse light harness from the club store it is worth it.

F470BAA7 08EB 48D3 A20D 7A912CABA73E

M

madmax

Oct 16, 2019
wyoming
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks all. I should have clarified a bit. Will be mounting on the sloping side of the plastic roof. Front and back i think now after seeing some pics. I will also look at weight for the light. as you said, it might bounce a little. Also i did look into the backup harness, but i would like the option of turning on the rear light with a switch, so i dont have to have the machine in reverse or running. I have switches, so it all looks doable. Thanks! it is a pioneer 5 with full camo enclosure.

D

donia

Sep 25, 2020
Miss’ippi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You could put a 1/4" to 1/2" flat plastic backer, or thinner metal backer, across the inside of the roof slope to keep flex to a minimum...if you're set on the slope for mounting points.
..and the Club Store sells an inline plug and play switch for the back-up light to make it a manual switch.

Hillbillytnt

Hillbillytnt

May 2, 2020
Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
just now looked at the club store stuff. didnt even know it existed. Thanks. lots of good stuff ill look at.
Buy with confidence. It’s all quality stuff. The reverse/work light trigger harness will do what you want. I just installed mine last month. He even helped my by having the power supply wires for the lights come out under the hood. Great people to deal with.

Reactions: Rayger143
M

madmax

Oct 16, 2019
wyoming
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Folks,
Thanks for all the help. Does anybody know where i can buy the Molex connectors that would connect to the factory auxiliary wiring harness at? This is for the relay box that came with the aux wiring kit. I have all the wires, and lights to install just need those connectors. Looks to be 2 pin type. Are those available in the club store? I could not find them, but is there a contact i could call?
Thanks,

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Folks,
Thanks for all the help. Does anybody know where i can buy the Molex connectors that would connect to the factory auxiliary wiring harness at? This is for the relay box that came with the aux wiring kit. I have all the wires, and lights to install just need those connectors. Looks to be 2 pin type. Are those available in the club store? I could not find them, but is there a contact i could call?
Thanks,
Start a conversation with @Hondasxs he will help you with the plugs you desire.
They are on the store, but if you don't know what you are looking for, they are hard to find.

Reactions: Rayger143

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!