P1000 Muffler Exhaust in Honda Full Hard Cab

M

MosPlace

Jul 16, 2021
US
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello, I need your help. Has anyone had any problems with engine exhaust being sucked inside a full Honda Pioneer 1000 hard cab With full glass Honda windshield. Doesn’t matter if I’m going slow or fast or if the back window is open or closed. I’m assuming it has something to do with negative pressure in the cab when the side windows are open. Either way it’s terrible. Any suggestions?

By the way, the heat is unbearable even with a fan under the seat and added reflective insulation.

Thanks for any and all answers.

Reactions: TxDoc and Smitty335
slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
I have the Honda cab. I've never noticed exhaust ever getting sucked into the cab. I take my doors off for the summer and have never had to worry about exhaust smell. Doors are off to keep the temp down. Even in cooler weather with the doors on and side windows down and back window open I can't say I've ever had exhaust gas smell in the cab. I also insulated under the seat a little bit better than what was there . I also used the insulation from a car hood and siliconed it to the backside of the panel behind my legs. I don't find it too bad with heat problems inside. In all fairness I've modified my front windshield to tip out at the bottom to allow air flow in hot weather ,to keep it cooler in the cab. In cooler weather the front windshield is closed but I don't get the exhaust smell .

M

MosPlace

Jul 16, 2021
US
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the response. I may have to look for an actual leak.

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Hello, I need your help. Has anyone had any problems with engine exhaust being sucked inside a full Honda Pioneer 1000 hard cab With full glass Honda windshield. Doesn’t matter if I’m going slow or fast or if the back window is open or closed. I’m assuming it has something to do with negative pressure in the cab when the side windows are open. Either way it’s terrible. Any suggestions?

By the way, the heat is unbearable even with a fan under the seat and added reflective insulation.

Thanks for any and all answers.
What @slowdryrider said. Must take the doors off in the warmer months or u will get baked.

Welcome to the forum. Your first post here. 2 things, its nice your from the US best country to be in but where in the US?
also we have an unwritten rule when you post for the first time.
PICS IR IT DIDNT HAPPEN! ;)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!