P500 Mullet

ATCTim

ATCTim

Oct 11, 2018
Lake Lucy, PA
Ownership

1. 500
I have turned a chapter in my book of life. I have been heavy into Honda ATCs from 1984 - 1994 and then again from 1999 - Present. Thus my board name "ATC Tim". I never got into quads as I found them clumsy, boring, and ill handling. As I am getting older, I felt it was time to try out something new, and with the help from my friends, I am now in the SxS game. Seems many of my 3 wheeler friends have picked up SxS's this year too. As one friend told me recently: "With age comes a cage". Truer words never spoken Larry! On Black Friday I pulled the trigger on this 2018 (leftover) P5. I had been waiting on a white one, but it seems they still are very hard to come by. The incentives on this one made it worth it, and the fact that I can change colors whenever I want for cheap made it a no brainer. Since purchasing it, I am glad I got red - it matches my 3 wheeler collection so much better than white would have.

I am done modifying / accessorizing / farkling it for the time being. I am beside myself with how much fun this unit is out on really tight technical ATV trails in my area. It really is a great big time to ride it and I have been enjoying it daily. It doesn't beat me up so bad as some of my trikes do while riding it, and parts are still available from Honda for it, something that has gotten tough in the ATC game.

My mods to date include: EZ-Steer Power Steering, Warn Provantage winch with Warn 54" plow, Walker Evans Shocks, Honda Front and rear bumpers, Honda Bimini top, Honda cage storage bag, Honda P7 Deluxe wheels, Take off Carlisle ACT tires in 26" (take offs from Canned Ham Maverick Trail 1000), SSV Works Sound System, Honda Worklight (still waiting on light itself - wiring and switch already installed) and an Orca 26 Qt cooler for the back for storage and ice cold beverages. While looking for a storage solution, I got to thinking how I want the storage to be matching in color, and this thing matches great, and straps right to the rear rack in a more than perfect way. It seems it is almost meant to fit there. I also purchased some real cheap $20 Chinese side view mirrors, which work awesome, but look hideous. I went ahead and purchased the Honda ones, and they are really nice and look good, but now I am scared to put them on it yet from the abuse I have put the Chinese ones thru, and they are still in tact. Once I bust these I will replace with the Honda ones I now have.

I hope to enjoy years of good times rocking the Mullet every chance I get.

IMG 20181208 164712264 HDR

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Welcome and congrats on all the mods in such a short time. Had one of these along with Honda dirt bikes.

8EE6FAC9 5B7C 4D2E 95FD 7A53A1398335

Last edited:
pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome!
Love the cooler choice and color! (USA made coolers rock!) I am going to keep an eye out for some can-am take off wheels, I like that.

Reactions: Chooglin and ATCTim
Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Welcome from The Great Lakes State. :cool:

Reactions: Chooglin
Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I have turned a chapter in my book of life. I have been heavy into Honda ATCs from 1984 - 1994 and then again from 1999 - Present. Thus my board name "ATC Tim". I never got into quads as I found them clumsy, boring, and ill handling. As I am getting older, I felt it was time to try out something new, and with the help from my friends, I am now in the SxS game. Seems many of my 3 wheeler friends have picked up SxS's this year too. As one friend told me recently: "With age comes a cage". Truer words never spoken Larry! On Black Friday I pulled the trigger on this 2018 (leftover) P5. I had been waiting on a white one, but it seems they still are very hard to come by. The incentives on this one made it worth it, and the fact that I can change colors whenever I want for cheap made it a no brainer. Since purchasing it, I am glad I got red - it matches my 3 wheeler collection so much better than white would have.

I am done modifying / accessorizing / farkling it for the time being. I am beside myself with how much fun this unit is out on really tight technical ATV trails in my area. It really is a great big time to ride it and I have been enjoying it daily. It doesn't beat me up so bad as some of my trikes do while riding it, and parts are still available from Honda for it, something that has gotten tough in the ATC game.

My mods to date include: EZ-Steer Power Steering, Warn Provantage winch with Warn 54" plow, Walker Evans Shocks, Honda Front and rear bumpers, Honda Bimini top, Honda cage storage bag, Honda P7 Deluxe wheels, Take off Carlisle ACT tires in 26" (take offs from Canned Ham Maverick Trail 1000), SSV Works Sound System, Honda Worklight (still waiting on light itself - wiring and switch already installed) and an Orca 26 Qt cooler for the back for storage and ice cold beverages. While looking for a storage solution, I got to thinking how I want the storage to be matching in color, and this thing matches great, and straps right to the rear rack in a more than perfect way. It seems it is almost meant to fit there. I also purchased some real cheap $20 Chinese side view mirrors, which work awesome, but look hideous. I went ahead and purchased the Honda ones, and they are really nice and look good, but now I am scared to put them on it yet from the abuse I have put the Chinese ones thru, and they are still in tact. Once I bust these I will replace with the Honda ones I now have.

View attachment 97165
Welcome! You've joined an awesome group. This website is the equivelant of what 3wheelerworld.com is to us ATC lovers. I myself am a recovering Honda ATC addict. Got a red P5 myself and can tell you its an awesome machine! Welcome to the website and hope to ride with you one day.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4

View attachment 97165
Welcome here, cool intro Tim...:cool:

D

Deleted member 3748

Welcome from MI! You have almost everything you can get for it! I, and a few others, used the Kolpin side mirrors and they can take some shots. The Seismik are expensive but have a lifetime warranty.

gch1911

gch1911

Lifetime Member
May 3, 2018
Nebraska
Ownership

1. 700-2
welcome from south central nebraska

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!