P1000 Must have accessories

Weezil

Weezil

Mar 8, 2019
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bought a base model 1000-5 without any extras, not even a roof. The only thing I have put on it, besides about 50 hours and 250 miles, is a winch. Father's Day is coming up and my wife has asked me for gift ideas. What should I get first? Bimi top? Sound bar? Switch panel? What have you guys found to be the must haves?

Reactions: sharp and BWAF
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bought a base model 1000-5 without any extras, not even a roof. The only thing I have put on it, besides about 50 hours and 250 miles, is a winch. Father's Day is coming up and my wife has asked me for gift ideas. What should I get first? Bimi top? Sound bar? Switch panel? What have you guys found to be the must haves?
Around here everything and then some lol .I would go roof then flip out windshield

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Trail armor skid plate or something like it. Unless u dont ride anything ruff. Winch is my #2 but u already have that.

Reactions: sharp and BWAF
Weezil

Weezil

Mar 8, 2019
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Trail armor skid plate or something like it. Unless u dont ride anything ruff. Winch is my #2 but u already have that.
So far the only places I ride are muddy, not rocky. I took it to Durhamtown for the kids spring break and broke a tie rod but that was inexperience (winching to a tree almost 90° from the front of the machine). I can imagine the sun getting hot in the summer so I thought roof, but I love being able to strap my ladder to the top of the rops...

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Winch.
Roof.
Windshield.
Back window.
Pressure washer. (to clean up your "FUN!")
Power steering, if you don't have it.
Skid plate.
Tires and Wheels.

That will get you off to a good start.
ENJOY!!!!!!

IrishLad

IrishLad

Dec 4, 2018
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I picked up an Alien Sunshade top off of Amazon. Very satisfied with it so far. Texas summer will surely test it!

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good call

Reactions: sharp
dnjones161

dnjones161

May 30, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Under dash storage was a good pick up! A little cheaper than some of the other things mentioned at ~ 100 bucks.

Cupholders for the doors really come in handy around the house too!

Back up lights if you drive at night are really nice- 80 dollar complete kits available on the hondasxs store here are plug and play.

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Windshield, led bulbs for head lights, a arm gaurds. Led light bar. Black diamond tires with HD3 wheels.

Alumilitearmor

Alumilitearmor

May 7, 2016
Parowan, Utah
If you are going to get enclosure components i.e. Windshield, tops, Back and doors check out alumilitearmor.com I make all of the components to enclose the cab which can be purchased individually and as needed or that the pocket book can afford. If you are going to start purchasing enclosure components keep in mind that you want to get parts that as you add additional components they all fit with each other with no modifications. This will save you a lot of headache as you customize your ride.

Reactions: russknight
russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
If you are going to get enclosure components i.e. Windshield, tops, Back and doors check out alumilitearmor.com I make all of the components to enclose the cab which can be purchased individually and as needed or that the pocket book can afford. If you are going to start purchasing enclosure components keep in mind that you want to get parts that as you add additional components they all fit with each other with no modifications. This will save you a lot of headache as you customize your ride.

I bought a used 1000 that came with the factory "hard" top and "hard" rear panel. Flimsy plastic junk. I'll be getting with you as time goes on.

R

roughrd00

Nov 27, 2018
az
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Around here everything and then some lol .I would go roof then flip out windshield

I agree....go with windshield next as it will make a difference.....then look at interior features.

Reactions: BWAF
R

roughrd00

Nov 27, 2018
az
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would go with the windshield next......can't go wrong with roof and windshield installed.

Reactions: Bones and BWAF

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!