BRed MUV 700 2009

R

rasorbackqq

Jun 11, 2017
Springfield NS Canada
Ownership

1. Big Red
Was time for an oil change so that was completed . I may put a little too much oil in is it was not on level ground.. Drove around the farm for say an hr and yesterday it was very sluggish. engine runs good . Just not transferring to the tires . . Seems at start up cool will drive for a few minutes . Then issues start. 4x4 and all lock not transferring either. I can smell a burning oil smell.
Wife told me prior to my use she was using it and heard a loud POP. The forward started working . She put in reverse . That worked . placed in forward and then drove it home.
I'm thinking some oil got somewhere it should not have and the clutch is slipping.
Hope to heard back soon as we really need this going.
My plan is try to get it home and then pressure wash to find the motor and trans..

Reactions: Backwoods
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I'm thinking some oil got somewhere it should not have and the clutch is slipping.
The Big Red has an automotive style transmission much like your car or truck..... torque convertor, wet clutches, etc. The clutches are always in oil.
A "little" extra oil won't hurt it but what's your definition of a little? Did you drain the excess oil so it's at the proper level?

Reactions: Remington
R

rasorbackqq

Jun 11, 2017
Springfield NS Canada
Ownership

1. Big Red
Well just looked this morning . see a trail of oil that run out of the motor as I feed the livestock last night.
Dipstick shows its empty. Quick look oil came from filter area. Motor and trans is hiding in all the mud that accumulates there.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 906UP and Remington
DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Well just looked this morning . see a trail of oil that run out of the motor as I feed the livestock last night.
Dipstick shows its empty. Quick look oil came from filter area. Motor and trans is hiding in all the mud that accumulates there.
bet ya glad you overfilled it - good luck

Reactions: Remington
WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was gonna say that sounded like low oil issues to me. One time on my Rincon the oil drain plug came loose and leaked oil while I was riding. Engine would Rev but would hardly move. Checked the oil and wasn't any on the dip stick. Glad you found it. Sounds like you may have not installed the o ring correctly for the oil filter

Reactions: trigger
R

rasorbackqq

Jun 11, 2017
Springfield NS Canada
Ownership

1. Big Red
So i found when I looked in through the bottom access hole I could see the O ring for the filter cap . So was able to turn it 2 more turns . Filled up the oil and was good. Started motor oil running out from somewhere. Think its the oil ring but cant be sure as its very hard to see in there.. Pulled off the oil filter cap and maybe the oil ring got chewed up. Going to start with a new o Ring.

IMG 2949 IMG 2950

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So i found when I looked in through the bottom access hole I could see the O ring for the filter cap . So was able to turn it 2 more turns . Filled up the oil and was good. Started motor oil running out from somewhere. Think its the oil ring but cant be sure as its very hard to see in there.. Pulled off the oil filter cap and maybe the oil ring got chewed up. Going to start with a new o Ring.

View attachment 408792 View attachment 408793
Yea. You have to make sure it doesn't get pinched when you put it on. Make sure you oil the o ring up good before you put it in

• Wow
Reactions: ChadD
R

rasorbackqq

Jun 11, 2017
Springfield NS Canada
Ownership

1. Big Red
So Big Red back at farm work.
$8.11 for the new O ring. Was not sure if that was the problem Fingers crosses it was.

Have to see if I start burning oil now . But it was only a minute until I stopped when I was out of oil.
Everyone here knows what a pain in the butt it is to change that oil filter. Today I was able to get one hand in the small hole and a second arm hand from the left side over motor and down to push on the filter and hold the bolt in position.

Thanks for the comments !

🤩