P500 My 520 build.....so far

bowhunterbob

bowhunterbob

Feb 28, 2021
Lancaster County Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 520
So, I finally have my P520 almost to where I want it to be. It has been three years in the making. I still want to put on power steering, a torque locker, a skid plate, and probably a DemerBox for music. Below is a list of everything I have added so far, and four pics. Let me know if anyone has any specific questions. I want to thank everyone on the forum that has helped me along the way with either specific advice or postings I researched. This build would not have been possible without all the valuable information I have gotten from this awesome forum.
1 2 3 4

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Very nice looking. It’s even Gnome red! Under your avatar it still say that you’re a non owner. May wanna change that, oh great and glorious lurker from afar….Did you remove the sway bar yet? That makes them less tippy unless thats Different on the 520’s? I had a 500…LeGoat-0

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
No sway bar on the 520.

Looks great! I like the storage boxes. Incidentally, I recommend cup holders from Crossroads. The Honda ones are pretty bad.

Last edited:
bowhunterbob

bowhunterbob

Feb 28, 2021
Ownership

1. 520
Very nice looking. It’s even Gnome red! Under your avatar it still say that you’re a non owner. May wanna change that, oh great and glorious lurker from afar….Did you remove the sway bar yet? That makes them less tippy unless thats Different on the 520’s? I had a 500…LeGoat-0
Thank you! And thanks for the avatar heads up! No sway bar in 520's.

bowhunterbob

bowhunterbob

Feb 28, 2021
Ownership

1. 520
No sway bar on the 520.

Looks great! I like the storage boxes. Incidentally, I recommend cup holders from Crossroads. The Honda ones are pretty bad.
Thank you! Storage boxes I researched all over for the right size to fit the bed. I was willing to pay whatever for nice ones. Found them at good old Tractor Supply. Have to drill two holes in side of bed, insert threaded grommets, then held down by long threaded bolt with plastic wing nut at top. They feel super secure when installed. Then when you need the bed, they are quick and easy to remove. Thanks for cupholder recommendation from Crossroads. I was pleased with their glove box.

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
PM me and I'll send you a free pair of tailgate cables for your 520 tailgate not laying flat.......

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!