P1000 My air intake

P

panaman

Dec 21, 2021
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had a few people ask so here are the components from my air intake I bought at ORileys auto parts store. I didn’t end up using the straight piece just the elbow and the ring adapter. It’s 3 inch and fits perfectly. Also to note I removed the inner ring in the adapter so that I could get it a bit lower

F02F720C 2A69 4950 934A E0508A2C9526 3EF04955 002C 4C89 9B54 F95D857EF013

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had a few people ask so here are the components from my air intake I bought at ORileys auto parts store. I didn’t end up using the straight piece just the elbow and the ring adapter. It’s 3 inch and fits perfectly. Also to note I removed the inner ring in the adapter so that I could get it a bit lower

View attachment 312519 View attachment 312520

Just a WAG, but do you think that the open mesh plastic foam might get sucked into the intake if were to get clogged? Stainless steel safety wire, through the rubber coupling, should prevent it from going in beyond easy reach in that perhaps unlikely scenario.

Reactions: Lady01
P

panaman

Dec 21, 2021
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just a WAG, but do you think that the open mesh plastic foam might get sucked into the intake if were to get clogged? Stainless steel safety wire, through the rubber coupling, should prevent it from going in beyond easy reach in that perhaps unlikely scenario.
I was thinking of just putting a long screw into it. Something I can remove easy

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When I was a lot younger I mighta gone for a long screw. At my age, "Safety Wire" (well, anything with the word safety, actually) sounds more logical. A cross pattern through the center of the rubber couple should never need to be removed.

I opted to go with this: Uni-Filter

for a couple of reasons. I thought it would provide far better pre-filtration than the wide plastic mesh Honda provides (which would stop large bugs and small birds, but little else). It would also provide redundancy in the unlikely event the main filter failed).

I was concerned it would be too restrictive, but it works great so far (shown before oiling . . . though even dry it would filter better than the stock mesh).

20211009 212022

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Just a WAG, but do you think that the open mesh plastic foam might get sucked into the intake if were to get clogged
I put 2-4”stainless screws crossways in mine to keep the foam from being sucked in. been going strong for the last 6 years.

This is an old pic from years ago.
the 2 “non threaded in the middle” crossway screws are through the snorkel and behind that stainless clamp with the wing nut. Easily removed.

ADE41114 D1B4 440A B5D2 780A0F64BA2B

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When I was a lot younger I mighta gone for a long screw. At my age, "Safety Wire" (well, anything with the word safety, actually) sounds more logical. A cross pattern through the center of the rubber couple should never need to be removed.

I opted to go with this: Uni-Filter

for a couple of reasons. I thought it would provide far better pre-filtration than the wide plastic mesh Honda provides (which would stop large bugs and small birds, but little else). It would also provide redundancy in the unlikely event the main filter failed).

I was concerned it would be too restrictive, but it works great so far (shown before oiling . . . though even dry it would filter better than the stock mesh).

View attachment 312907
I really like that uni filter setup. Should keep the $45 hard to get at filter really clean.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!