My boss got his new Expedition yesterday.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
20230707 093251

20230707 093306

He sold his 2018 four-seater RZR for more than he paid for it if a few years ago. Says the A/C is awesomely cold. Good thing now that the calendar has flipped to HELL in AZ. Said it starts to get a little loud inside over 30.

It's nice, and for that kind of money, it should be. It strikes me as a 4 seat General with a full cab (pics don't show that it's the model with a bed). Fox res shocks. Power windows. Factory sound system. Windshield opens up, but don't know if those upper doors come off or not.

Apparently, in the 24 hours he has had it, a clip or nut vibrated off the shift position sensor at the subtranny, rendering it unable to start🙄. Guess he figured it out, since he drove it in this morning. The dealer came and fixed it...

20230707 093500

That's RTV in the circle. I am assuming that this is a temporary fix on an hours old, 30k+ machine...

I will say that the control arms and such look way more beefy than older Polaris stuff. But at well over 2000 lbs, It kinda has to be.

Like I said, it's a nice machine. But in the end, im the old guy shouting at the clouds with no shirt on...asking why? Rancher in Montana during extreme weather? Ok...I can sort of see it.
But as a trail machine...you now have a slightly smaller Cherokee. No...a stock Cherokee isn't nearly as capable off road, but you can't...or wouldn't want to drive this thing down the interstate at 80 miles an hour for a few states like you could in the Jeep. And a Cherokee will be much more reliable.

I guess I still remember when ATV's and then SxS's were low cost, low impact alternatives to regular 4x4's, and cling to that notion still when I think about buying one. Sales will tell the tale, I guess.

Side note: one of my co-workers is one of those guys who knows everything about everything and is never afraid to share his knowledge. He's also a RZR guy. In fact, I couldn't get a real good peaceful look at the bosses new ride without him following me around the machine scorching my eardrums, so I finally gave up.
While standing there, I remarked about the sticker warning NOT to haul gas in the dump bed. Mind you, I've hauled gas in the bed of Pioneers for...I dunno...15000 miles now? Never an issue, because that isn't the issue...but Mr knowledge went into his whole thing about how he bought....get this...an auto halon system in case fire breaks out in back where his kinds ride. They can't get out quickly because of the standard RZR owner 5 point harnesses he installed on a machine that probably has never seen anything that dictates them.

Can you see the lunacy of supporting a machine that is so prone to fires that you need to install an automatic fire suppression system to keep from killing your kids? That, to me, is a piece of engineering s***.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It’ll be interesting to follow any repair bills the owner has. I don’t wish them on him but just to hear if it’s the same old Polaris level product or not. I’m certainly not buying one either way. I’d just like to hear they are at least trying to do better.

L

Lloydtheredneck

Sep 14, 2020
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I guess I still remember when ATV's and then SxS's were low cost, low impact alternatives to regular 4x4's, and cling to that notion still when I think about buying one. Sales will tell the tale, I guess.
^this
i am priced out of the market. it was alot to swallow when i bought mine for 14.5. no way in hell would i spend 22k to replace it or the almost 40k on these poo poos. i can put a geo tracker together quite nicely for 20k !

NewHere2

NewHere2

Village Idiot In Training
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2020
High Plains of SD
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5
It’ll be interesting to follow any repair bills the owner has. I don’t wish them on him but just to hear if it’s the same old Polaris level product or not. I’m certainly not buying one either way. I’d just like to hear they are at least trying to do better.
X2. Yep will be interesting. I was impressed with there cab.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I'm sure we will know about anything not under warranty. I also failed to mention that the Bosses brother runs the local popo dealer, so he probably gets treated pretty good there.
Wow! Thats saying something! Id put those things not far behind to Poo Poo category 🤣
I failed to specify that I was referring to the old XJ's, if that means anything to you. I wouldn't consider the newer ones an off road vehicle.

H

HondaTech

I'm sure we will know about anything not under warranty. I also failed to mention that the Bosses brother runs the local popo dealer, so he probably gets treated pretty good there.

I failed to specify that I was referring to the old XJ's, if that means anything to you. I wouldn't consider the newer ones an off road vehicle.

I always said if I have to work on HVAC in the powersports industry I'm quitting and going to auto. I'll make twice the money working on cars there.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yup thats changed the whole outlook to what your saying 🤣

Anything after that falls into that category tho imo from when i wrenched on them

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I always said if I have to work on HVAC in the powersports industry I'm quitting and going to auto. I'll make twice the money working on cars there.
Yep...you will. When I started spinning wrenches again back in 2008, I tried to get into powersports, but the pay just wasn't there.

Oddly enough...at a time when most autos have gone to the super expensive R-1234ya (and the headaches involved with it), it uses R134. Odd, since I thought it was a federally mandated thing.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Its really nice. We just got one in and I spent about an hour combing it over. Super nice. They really thought of everything. Tons of cool little features. No way in hell I'd ever buy one personally, but its really nice.

Sorry, flame suit on. 🤣
I guess if you're going to burn to the ground might as well do it in style........

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!