Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Why would they not run this to the inside of the frame?
2a039e4cd922bb691bd305f1529c2f4d

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Engineers don't encounter wayward sticks & rocks in thier CAD / office environment 🤷‍♂️👨‍🔧🧨
My oldest son is mechanical engineer now as of two years ago, got a job in an engineering firm, after four years of kick butt studies, I get the dreaded call, Dad I hate my job, he was a fly fishing guide before he went back to school. But he says, I've got a job offer from a guy I used to guide, he now works for Square D estimating department for big jobs, he's heard me gripe for years about engineers and thought I was crazy, he now knows! No I'm not crazy! HA!

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
No failures on my 2019 Talon to 15,000 miles. I just had the right rear wheel bearing replaced. If I didn't have the Talon choice it would be hard to choose between the Kawasaki and 2 seat Yamaha. Both have good features. Both are heavy compared to the Talon and RZR 1000. Both of my Teryx were reliable. I did break one belt. My 4 Yamaha UTV's had several breakdowns. The Yamaha and Kawasaki both should have good belt drive life but now that I have a choice I doubt I will ever own another belt drive. My YXZ has over 20,000 miles and runs just like new. I expect the 2022 YXZ and Talons will get some upgrades. When I bought my 2011 RZR 900 and told my brother this is amazing. He asked does it have belt drive. Well yes. He said what is second best. Belt drive does work great but for $20,000 to $25,000 all the UTV's should have a transmission. Many of the small cars have a CVT but they have a steel belt that runs in fluid and has a 150,000 to 200,000 mile life span.

2003nissanmuranoCVT 1
Xtronic cvt 6th generation  for 2013 nissan altima 100371649 l

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Wow...am in the only one who thinks the RMAX sounds like a 700 at idle and low rpm?

Reactions: Mopower58
R

rickoshea

My oldest son is mechanical engineer now as of two years ago, got a job in an engineering firm, after four years of kick butt studies, I get the dreaded call, Dad I hate my job, he was a fly fishing guide before he went back to school. But he says, I've got a job offer from a guy I used to guide, he now works for Square D estimating department for big jobs, he's heard me gripe for years about engineers and thought I was crazy, he now knows! No I'm not crazy! HA!
my oldest son is an engineer.he just turned 30 and is going to retire in the next 6 months.the more i see of the new rmax,the less i like the looks.

Last edited:
G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The first thing I noticed was the engine rpm being higher than necessary for the conditions. Belt drive guys are used to it but I don't have to be, I get to 'paddle up'. :)

I sure wish Honda would upgrade the dash display, I have hitech dash envy. o_O
Well,Rpm equals horsepower,My trusty pioneer almost failed me over the weekend.At 9500 feet of altitude,going thru tight wooded trails.The pioneer in low lock hitting ledges in steep terrain powered out to the point that I was nervous it was going to blow the clutches,floored and not spinning the tires or budging foward,about that time the guy behind me driving my KRX bumped into me and shoved me up the ledge.This is a guy that has never been in a sxs,Hes a coworker that probably has more seat time in my KRX than I do because Im usually cheuffering my oldman around.in My pioneer.Anyhow Ive been bad mouthing the KRX regarding that it is inefficient.All I can say is if u are going to do high altitudes is steep nasty ledges that KRX is very capable ,twice what the pioneer is.I own both and experienced kinda of a bad situation.So now I feel better about owning it.

• Haha
Reactions: Isaiah, CID and JTW
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Well,Rpm equals horsepower,My trusty pioneer almost failed me over the weekend.At 9500 feet of altitude,going thru tight wooded trails.The pioneer in low lock hitting ledges in steep terrain powered out to the point that I was nervous it was going to blow the clutches,floored and not spinning the tires or budging foward,about that time the guy behind me driving my KRX bumped into me and shoved me up the ledge.This is a guy that has never been in a sxs,Hes a coworker that probably has more seat time in my KRX than I do because Im usually cheuffering my oldman around.in My pioneer.Anyhow Ive been bad mouthing the KRX regarding that it is inefficient.All I can say is if u are going to do high altitudes is steep nasty ledges that KRX is very capable ,twice what the pioneer is.I own both and experienced kinda of a bad situation.So now I feel better about owning it.
U need a tune in that pioneer! The krx is not that bad of a slow poke either, much faster than a pioneer but the electronic throttle and torque management slows and holds it back a bunch. Tune for it helps a bunch also.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
U need a tune in that pioneer! The krx is not that bad of a slow poke either, much faster than a pioneer but the electronic throttle and torque management slows and holds it back a bunch. Tune for it helps a bunch also.
Isn't the 1000 usually criticized for having a tallish low range?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!