Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
An update on my thoughts:

My wife and I really enjoy the fox shocks and C-Fab combination. The shock angle returned to the factory angle makes a big difference. After the C-Fab install my wife asked if I had replaced the shocks again. At Ride Royal Blue the ride quality was greatly improved. Most notable is that we were able to take higher speeds with less banging around in our seat. The low and slow felt like you were stepping through the terrain rather than falling into it.

My only regret:
I am not sure if I will regret it or not tho
Quick story: on my original highlifter arms I had new OE ball joints installed. I did not have the arms for more than 1500 miles. The lower ball joints are GONE. You can lift up and down on the threaded end with large amounts of play in the socket area. The upper ball joints had excessive play. When I purchased the C-Fab arms I had an opportunity to acquire a black Friday sale on the keller ball joints. I emailed C-Fab and asked his recommendations. He said the OE ball joints do great and he wouldn't hesitate to use them and save the money for another mod. At that time I had no idea about the condition of the highlifter ball joints. I did not learn about my ball joint condition until I replaced the arms. My hopeful side of me says the highlifter ball joints were placed at a severe angle due to the bracket lift. So the new C-Fab arms do not use the same angle on the ball joints. I am hoping that means I should not have issues with my new ball joints.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
An update on my thoughts:

My wife and I really enjoy the fox shocks and C-Fab combination. The shock angle returned to the factory angle makes a big difference. After the C-Fab install my wife asked if I had replaced the shocks again. At Ride Royal Blue the ride quality was greatly improved. Most notable is that we were able to take higher speeds with less banging around in our seat. The low and slow felt like you were stepping through the terrain rather than falling into it.

My only regret:
I am not sure if I will regret it or not tho
Quick story: on my original highlifter arms I had new OE ball joints installed. I did not have the arms for more than 1500 miles. The lower ball joints are GONE. You can lift up and down on the threaded end with large amounts of play in the socket area. The upper ball joints had excessive play. When I purchased the C-Fab arms I had an opportunity to acquire a black Friday sale on the keller ball joints. I emailed C-Fab and asked his recommendations. He said the OE ball joints do great and he wouldn't hesitate to use them and save the money for another mod. At that time I had no idea about the condition of the highlifter ball joints. I did not learn about my ball joint condition until I replaced the arms. My hopeful side of me says the highlifter ball joints were placed at a severe angle due to the bracket lift. So the new C-Fab arms do not use the same angle on the ball joints. I am hoping that means I should not have issues with my new ball joints.
From my limited experience bracket lifts screw everything up suspension wise. I don't have the c-fab arms but I do have the SATV and installed new OEM ball joints in them when new, about 2K miles later and not a single issue. I was recommended by a few different people to stay OEM on the ball joints, they last forever.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
From my limited experience bracket lifts screw everything up suspension wise. I don't have the c-fab arms but I do have the SATV and installed new OEM ball joints in them when new, about 2K miles later and not a single issue. I was recommended by a few different people to stay OEM on the ball joints, they last forever.
The C-Fab person I spoke with said the OE stuff is supposed to be really good. I am hoping they will do well. I will try to post a video of the worst ball joint I had with the highlifter arms.

C

chucksmith0706

Jul 22, 2020
Louisiana
I pressed my factory ones out of my arms bike has less than 100 miles on it and pressed them in my CFab arms. I also ordered the factory split rings and installed them on ball joints. Now bike has less than 200 miles now lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!