P1000 My new problem: pre-filter square sponge looking filter has been swallowed…

CJQuig

CJQuig

Lifetime Member
Nov 21, 2023
St Johns, Nl, Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So far I have stripped one nut on air filter box to look there and work my way back towards the front,

Under the seat, I ran wire and a light back towards air filter behind seats.

Right now, I’m taking a step back before I do damaged.

It’s disconnected now, I’m thinking a plumbing snake

IMG 3950

StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I lost a roll of electrical tape the same way and others on this site helped me fix it.
Get a leaf blower and try to blast it out from the air box.
If air is blowing through, but it's still not coming out, tie a small piece of rag on a string and blow the string out the front.
This may take a few times, but once you get a string leader out you can tie rope and a bigger rag on the rope and pull it through.
Good luck.

Reactions: ChadD and JenElio
CJQuig

CJQuig

Lifetime Member
Nov 21, 2023
St Johns, Nl, Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thank you everyone,

my pre-filter project has turned into a snorkel project.
I’m thinking of coming off the airbox and up the back. I have a 2023 1000-3.
I have the hard rear panel, hopefully I can keep the cab intact. It rains sideways and upwards here in NL, Canada.

I’m thinking 2” PVC like the pics below from others posts. My machine is the “Sapper”
IMG 3963
IMG 3964
IMG 3965
IMG 3966
IMG 3967
IMG 3952

Any thoughts?

CJQuig

CJQuig

Lifetime Member
Nov 21, 2023
St Johns, Nl, Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
To confirm, the new intake tubing would have to be 2”? I’m an hour away from my pioneer

Reactions: ChadD

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!