P1000 My P1K5 BlueLine Build

V

Viz275

Oct 29, 2018
PNW
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well, I thought about waiting until the end to post this. But I’ve been looking through other build threads that chronicle the build as you go and like to see guys making comments/suggestions as the build progresses and lord know I could use any suggestions.

So here we go. I found a really good deal on a new 2018 on special, but it’s red......I hate red :(. But the dealer had a suggestion I’ll show off in a minute. Here it is coming home with me.

74CACCD5 15B8 4699 89DF 884A47408401

I got to put maybe 1/2 our on it before I dropped it off at a graphics place to make it look the way I wanted. That was a tough 2 weeks waiting to get it back, but there were boxes showing up from Fedex and UPS almost daily. Finally got it back this Wednesday. Gotta thank my wife for the suggestion for he hood! :)

CB1B6249 3104 4ECC 8FDA F3CD08B084BD
F410A3E3 7365 486C 9477 28AB22A9B9EA

I got to spend Thanksgiving day bolting up some accessories. Well, I should say most of Thanksgiving day. I had until the turkey was done. Started off with the glass windshield and roof. Son installed the wiper while I worked on the front bumper. I went with Wild Boar for the bumper and a KFI Stealth 4500lb winch with synthetic line. I had the same winch on my last SxS and really liked it. I decided on the Wild Boar because I liked the brush guard protection all the way across and, bonus, it comes with the little flush mount cubes. Not sure how bright they’ll be but worst comes to worse, I’ll replace hem with something better. The bumper turned out to be a giant PITA. Holes didn’t line up right, weren’t big enough for the hardware they shipped, etc. I had to do some drilling and other tinkering to get it mounted up. I like the looks though. Here’s what I’ve got after Thanksgiving day efforts:

E7BAA8AF 7CB9 43C2 B747 4D07F56C5698

That’s it for now. I went with what I learned from lurking here and bought the Cooper Bussmann, the materials for a dual battery setup, etc. Also have a XTC turn signal/horn kit to install so I can go street legal, and about a million other things. Still need to buy mirrors, and thinking about enclosing with a some sort of soft cab, but not sure. Reading a lot on here about venting to avoid water in the engine but those threads are old so not sure if Honda has fixed that issue on a 2018? Also lots of guys installing bilge fans and insulation under the front seat but not sure I’ll need that in my climate. We’ll see. Oh yeah, haven’t bought any lights, yet. Looking at maybe a pair of 8” and one 12” on the front bumper. Definitely want some sort of back-up lights and maybe rear work lights as well. Have my bed liner already but it’s on the sidelines until I need it. Too many people asking for rides right now :).

Here’s what’s keeping me up at night right now. It’s a little intimidating. Especially the electrical:

814939BA 5E7B 46E9 B029 950A457F98B6

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good looking machine. A pair of 8" and a 12" light would look great. I like the single row LED lights from Rough Country.

IMG 20181010 194156
IMG 20181010 194126

Reactions: Eltobgi
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That setup is exactly what I had in mind! Thanks for the light suggestion, looks super cool. Your bumper also looks almost identical to mine. Does that day RD? The Wild Boar was the only one I could find.

The brand on mine is Resonate Design, RD. I've modified it quite a bit for a better fit but it gets the job done. The lights from Rough Country are great.

Headlights
IMG 20181010 195925

Headlights and 12"
IMG 20181010 195933

Headlights, 12 and 8s. The width is awesome with the 8s

IMG 20181010 195938

OnTheJob

OnTheJob

Dec 29, 2017
Bristol, NY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Well, I thought about waiting until the end to post this. But I’ve been looking through other build threads that chronicle the build as you go and like to see guys making comments/suggestions as the build progresses and lord know I could use any suggestions.

So here we go. I found a really good deal on a new 2018 on special, but it’s red......I hate red :(. But the dealer had a suggestion I’ll show off in a minute. Here it is coming home with me.

View attachment 94662

I got to put maybe 1/2 our on it before I dropped it off at a graphics place to make it look the way I wanted. That was a tough 2 weeks waiting to get it back, but there were boxes showing up from Fedex and UPS almost daily. Finally got it back this Wednesday. Gotta thank my wife for the suggestion for he hood! :)

View attachment 94664 View attachment 94663

I got to spend Thanksgiving day bolting up some accessories. Well, I should say most of Thanksgiving day. I had until the turkey was done. Started off with the glass windshield and roof. Son installed the wiper while I worked on the front bumper. I went with Wild Boar for the bumper and a KFI Stealth 4500lb winch with synthetic line. I had the same winch on my last SxS and really liked it. I decided on the Wild Boar because I liked the brush guard protection all the way across and, bonus, it comes with the little flush mount cubes. Not sure how bright they’ll be but worst comes to worse, I’ll replace hem with something better. The bumper turned out to be a giant PITA. Holes didn’t line up right, weren’t big enough for the hardware they shipped, etc. I had to do some drilling and other tinkering to get it mounted up. I like the looks though. Here’s what I’ve got after Thanksgiving day efforts:

View attachment 94665

That’s it for now. I went with what I learned from lurking here and bought the Cooper Bussmann, the materials for a dual battery setup, etc. Also have a XTC turn signal/horn kit to install so I can go street legal, and about a million other things. Still need to buy mirrors, and thinking about enclosing with a some sort of soft cab, but not sure. Reading a lot on here about venting to avoid water in the engine but those threads are old so not sure if Honda has fixed that issue on a 2018? Also lots of guys installing bilge fans and insulation under the front seat but not sure I’ll need that in my climate. We’ll see. Oh yeah, haven’t bought any lights, yet. Looking at maybe a pair of 8” and one 12” on the front bumper. Definitely want some sort of back-up lights and maybe rear work lights as well. Have my bed liner already but it’s on the sidelines until I need it. Too many people asking for rides right now :).

Here’s what’s keeping me up at night right now. It’s a little intimidating. Especially the electrical:

View attachment 94666

This why deliveries go to the office now

Reactions: Trueblood85
V

Viz275

Oct 29, 2018
PNW
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok everyone, I could use a little help. I’m back to this project after finishing a list of honey-do’s. I’m in the process of building my Bussmann by following the tutorial on Tacomaworld. My question is, how do I run switched accessories off the fused only accessory locations? I have 8 switches planned right now. Winch in-out, turn signals, horn/hazards, front off-road lights, dome lights, rear work lights, wiper switch with momentary for washer, and a USB outlet. Which 5 of these should I use for relays besides the obvious winch and front off-road lights? Thanks you for any help you can provide. Biggest question is running a switched accessory through the fuse only circuit of the Bussmann .

OnTheJob

OnTheJob

Dec 29, 2017
Bristol, NY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ok everyone, I could use a little help. I’m back to this project after finishing a list of honey-do’s. I’m in the process of building my Bussmann by following the tutorial on Tacomaworld. My question is, how do I run switched accessories off the fused only accessory locations? I have 8 switches planned right now. Winch in-out, turn signals, horn/hazards, front off-road lights, dome lights, rear work lights, wiper switch with momentary for washer, and a USB outlet. Which 5 of these should I use for relays besides the obvious winch and front off-road lights? Thanks you for any help you can provide. Biggest question is running a switched accessory through the fuse only circuit of the Bussmann .

From my understanding, the winch is fused/relayed already through the solenoid. The dash switch is a pretty low amp to tell the solenoid in or out. I would relay anything 30+ amp draw with 10-12 AWG wire size, which may or may not include a light bar(s) depending on their draw. The rest of the accessories you've described are generally pretty low amp draw, less than 15-20 amps, 14-16 AWG wire. Speaking from experience, run all the wire at the same time to keep it clean.

Last edited:
V

Viz275

Oct 29, 2018
PNW
Ownership

1. 1000-5
From my understanding, the winch is fused/relayed already through the solenoid. The dash switch is a pretty low amp to tell the solenoid in or out. I would relay anything 30+ amp draw with 10-12 AWG wire size, which may or may not include a light bar(s) depending on their draw. The rest of the accessories you've described are generally pretty low amp draw, less than 15-20 amps, 14-16 AWG wire. Speaking from experience, run all the wire at the same time to keep it clean.

Thanks for the reply. I’m a little over my head with this wiring stuff. I understand the winch has its own relay but for some reason guys are running theirs through a relay on the Bussmann as well. I see the way the relays on the bus are run through switches but don’t see how to run a switch through just a fuse. I’m probably way overthinking it but don’t feel like burning my new rig down the first time I turn the key after this wiring. :D

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Thanks for the reply. I’m a little over my head with this wiring stuff. I understand the winch has its own relay but for some reason guys are running theirs through a relay on the Bussmann as well. I see the way the relays on the bus are run through switches but don’t see how to run a switch through just a fuse. I’m probably way overthinking it but don’t feel like burning my new rig down the first time I turn the key after this wiring. :D
A lot of people run a switch to supply the power to the in/out switch for the winch if mounted inside th cab. Pretty much a safety so someone doesnt hit the in/out button on accident. Winch in/out switch will have power in (from the safety switch powered by the bussman.)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!