BOX1

My Pioneer 700 accessories and mod's

D

Dragon3

Jul 2, 2017
Long Beach, MS
Ownership

1. 700-2
Ok guys some of yall have made really good threads on installation of accessories so here is my attempt at documenting my upgrades. I will probably change the title later but instead of making a new thread for each item I will put it all here in hopes of helping someone else out with there decision of which accessory to buy and why. I will try to post pics of before/after and some info about install and my review of the products. I just received a few items from Super ATV and my snorkel from snorkel your atv. The 1st things I will be installing are:

FROM SUPER ATV:

- 1/2 windshield
- winch mounting plate
- 3500 lb wireless winch
- 2" lift

FROM SNORKEL YOUR ATV:

-Snorkel
03029eaf431e7f2883c3bc987be6c6c4

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

D

Dragon3

Jul 2, 2017
Long Beach, MS
Ownership

1. 700-2
SUPER ATV HALF WINDSHIELD:

Ok so the 1st thing I installed was the 1/2 windshield from Super ATV. My initial thought when opening the package was it was packaged well and I liked that the glass was protected. Installation was easy enough as long as you have some common sense. The instructions.....not so great. It recommended that you place the rubber gasket in hot water which I did not do and I do not see any reason to do so. I will say that you really have to push on the gasket to install it. Don't be afraid to get rough with it! It is thick and durable so it can handle it! Now, for what I don't like. The rubber gasket comes longer than necessary and each end is cut really jagged. I included a picture of this. You will need to cut your starting end prior to installation if you want it to be nice and neat. The gasket itself fits tightly onto the windshield but the round part of it rolls up and causes it to be shaped funny. You can see this in the included "after" pic. The fit to the body of my Pioneer is not great. There is a lot to be desired there. I assumed it would fit the hood and dash better and more snug but has some cracks between the bottom of shield and hood or dash. You can also see this in the included picture. Now, for the last thing I was not thrilled about was the Velcro mounting system. Yes, it makes for somewhat simple removal but I don't like seeing the extra Velcro hanging loose. You can also see this in the including picture. I hoped it would be like my stock Honda roof and be secured by some type of swing latch.

In short: Great product that will serve me well. I do not regret my purchase but if I had to do it all over again I may have taken a harder look at the stock Honda 1/2 windshield. I assume the fit would be better and it may have the swing latch type mounting bracket. All and all I give it a B+

More to come...... Hope this helps!F345cc548010fba1aca90be0fa5cff248d677d8ccc8473d10d539888b6287815Fe6ee9ece3a999ab4c2a78a54a48866e381f40e56af01b71aa4434dd538d4b0fBb21d21cffef2ba231a84c68bad29ed5

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Can you push it down tighter on the hood.so what if It bows a little.If you can I believe it will help. Anyway nice write up and it looks good

Reactions: sharp
D

Dragon3

Jul 2, 2017
Long Beach, MS
Ownership

1. 700-2
Can you push it down tighter on the hood.so what if It bows a little.If you can I believe it will help. Anyway nice write up and it looks good
I agree..... so what. It looks good and serves it's purpose. I tried different locations up and down and I tried to push it down but it's just not happening. I'm happy with it though. I just tried to be thorough as possible so other folks would know what to expect.

Reactions: sharp
D

Dragon3

Jul 2, 2017
Long Beach, MS
Ownership

1. 700-2
SUPER ATV winch mounting plate:

There are many options available for the Pioneer 700. Since I purchased the winch from them I decided to use their plate. Packaging was great and the instructions were very easy to read and follow. The plate and brackets seem to be very well made and have a nice finish that matches the undercarriage perfectly!

I give this product an A all day long! 0609d8aaef0f114c4e8e7e2ed302c4e001a1620bcc44c5a0b0a5f8f0c83e8394D50cfb5064f28183a54452b263fc9c47

Reactions: swsebek
D

Dragon3

Jul 2, 2017
Long Beach, MS
Ownership

1. 700-2
SUPER ATV 3500 lb wireless winch!

Now for the winch! I am very happy with this purchase! It was packaged very well and the instructions were good and easy to follow. Anyone should be able to install this winch with minimal electrical and mechanical skills.

For Electrical:
It came with 2 sets of red/black wires that were the exact same length to go from solenoid to winch and from solenoid to battery. The wires were just long enough going from battery to solenoid to be able to route them along with factory wiring using zip ties. It made for a nice and neat install. Next was deciding where to mount solenoid (disclaimer lol: I hope that I am calling the 12v block/ switch/ relay / terminal properly by calling it a solenoid. I can't recall what the instructions called it) Anyways, I could not bring myself to drill holes in my brand new machine yet so I decided to mount it under the hood via zip ties. I will eventually mount it differently once I install a switch panel. I included a pic of mounting and location. This winch comes with a wireless option so I also mounted it under the hood as high as I possibly could out of the way. It is circled in red in the included pic. There are two sets of wires coming off the solenoid with matching plugs. One is for the wireless remote sensor and the other is for the wired remote switch. Since there is not a cover for either of those two plugs, there is no flush mounting option and the wireless stays plugged in all of the time I decided to leave my switch plugged in for fear of dust, mud, water etc getting in it. I left it coiled up just the way it came out of box and slid it over the power steering pump! It's a perfect location to leave It! If you ever have a problem with wireless remote or the remote battery is dead all you have to do is pop the hood and you are ready to go! You can see this circled in blue. Next thing was deciding where to tap into "key on" power. I decided to tap into my accessory wires for my 12v cigarette plug. It is a white wire with black stripe. You can see this circled in yellow.

For Mechanical:
This part is very simple since you already have the plate mounted. It's just 4 bolts to mount it and 2 bolts for the fairlead! Only issue here is if you have large hands it is difficult to tighten and install bolts.

In short: I can't say enough about how awesome the wireless remote is! I leave it in my glove box inside of a zip lock bag. Only problem here is accidentally leaving it on and the battery dying. It claims that it has some type of automatic shut off on the remote for this but I plan on keeping a spare battery just in case. You can mount and install this winch without ever drilling or making a hole if you so choose!

A+ all day!9bc931409727d60319e673169acc73e1B29524d7640bf2276d4e6252b969ef45B24562af9b89c3965370e8fde0540dd0A834abecbcbbd83e11c91a0dc5f49209F025a040803f99512fc7dca890dd37bf5e34b2c1aa24ce657b3a4b5135bd5f2e

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Nice write up Dragon... I hear a lot of guys really like Super Winch.wireless is sweet too

D

Dragon3

Jul 2, 2017
Long Beach, MS
Ownership

1. 700-2
Snorkel Your ATV Snorkel Install:

I finally got around to installing my Snorkel. I was not happy with this purchase initially. It reads on their website that this kit is "easily removable for warranty work" while it is easily removable you will have to cut your factory snorkel to install. To me, that will 100% void your warranty if you bring your bike in with a cut intake tube lol!!! This was a big concern for me because i purchased the 4 year extended warranty. Anyways, I found a cheap and easy remedy for this. I ordered a new factory snorkel from cheapcycleparts.com for $17 and some change! I set my factory snorkel to the side, cut the new factory one and installed my new snorkel. Simple as that.

For the install: The directions they send absolutely suck but with a few minutes of thought and some mechanical skills it goes together easy. 1st you have to cut your factory snorkel. You need to cut it right below the "hook" that holds your fuel line. I cut it above the 1st time because I was hoping to reuse it. So make your cut where the blue line is in the included pic. This cut can be made while on the bike but since I changed out the factory snorkel I completely removed it. To do this you will need to remove the latch bar for the dump bed. Most of the kit is pre assembled so really you just piece the puzzle together and connect via the included 2" rubber boots. The location of the snorkel jams up the seat belt some but it's not a deal breaker. Once you install the warrior riser which is the top of the snorkel it simply zip ties to the roll cage. Be sure to use some type of adhesive to glue on the warrior tip. I chose to use a small dab of silicone.

Now for the vent lines. The new snorkel allows you to be able to route 2 clear lines (included in kit) up to the top or tip of the snorkel. Problem is you have 4 lines to vent which are: Front diff, Rear diff, Radiator fan and fuel tank vent. Directions tell you to run rear diff and fuel vent up the snorkel and the other 2 up roll cage. I vented just like it said but bought 2 Tee's and connected the front lines to rear lines. So all 4 now vent up the 2 lines running up to the tip of snorkel. I forgot to take a pic of finished product and vent lines so if you have any questions please ask. I will include those pics later.

In short:
This product does exactly what is supposed to do. I do not ever plan on needing it or going in water deeper than the floor boards but I have it just in case!!! Even though I was let down in the beginning and have since discovered another brand of snorkel that does not require cutting I have to give it an A-.

I was really short on time for this write up/review so I feel like the installation description is short and vague so if you have questions feel free to ask. Hope this helps!

E3b3993e0ecc8319c8e4a65344e6e26113d818d5ebe7f9f4874c31b0248d7ed401480e6545944b69c6a97548c87c58c334c911ce1a5b46f3ee2f39a7fdcc1e738ad7a358ed4fbc9c72c8c7dd278449fe

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nice looking ride. There is something about that Blue. What a beautiful shade.
Nice work on the installation.
Knowing now that you had to cut your factory parts, would you purchase this snorkel again? Or research other options?

Deluxe700

Deluxe700

Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have this same snorkel kit, and I have not yet put it on, but I'm about to...Nice write up with pics. I like the quality of the product, my only possible issue (and I won't really know till I put it on) is how much room it takes up for the passenger side of the cab. As far as having to cut the stock air intake...I went ahead and bought a new stock air intake. It was only like $15 online. That way if I want to , or have to for warranty work, I can just put this new intake on.

D

Dragon3

Jul 2, 2017
Long Beach, MS
Ownership

1. 700-2
Nice looking ride. There is something about that Blue. What a beautiful shade.
Nice work on the installation.
Knowing now that you had to cut your factory parts, would you purchase this snorkel again? Or research other options?
To be Honest..... No, I probably would not purchase again. It is a good quality product but I would give Munster Snorkels a try. Mainly because with his snorkel you do not have to cut anything.

D

Dragon3

Jul 2, 2017
Long Beach, MS
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have this same snorkel kit, and I have not yet put it on, but I'm about to...Nice write up with pics. I like the quality of the product, my only possible issue (and I won't really know till I put it on) is how much room it takes up for the passenger side of the cab. As far as having to cut the stock air intake...I went ahead and bought a new stock air intake. It was only like $15 online. That way if I want to , or have to for warranty work, I can just put this new intake on.
Thanks Deluxe700. I was concerned about the room as well. Don't be. My wife says it has zero affect and does not bother her at all. Just go for it! I guess great minds think alike lol! Buying the factory snorkel to cut was a no brainer for me as long as your concerned about warranty work. If she was out of warranty I would not worry about it.

Reactions: Deluxe700
Deluxe700

Deluxe700

Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
Thanks @Dragon3 ... Just what I needed to know...I appreciate the write up !!:)

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Nice great Job!

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!