P500 My thoughts on the P5 after two months.

M

Mlaz81

Dec 24, 2017
Madison OH
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
It was meant to be a cheap smaller alternative. This is the same reason Honda's 450 quads didn't have the fancy stuff factory. Everybody was just going to mod them anyway, so why factory mod it? If all that's stuff came standard, the P500 would an over $10k then everybody would complain it's too expensive. I think they balanced the price for amenities.

Look at all the different ways to configure a rancher. Nobody complains about the price on those, if you want it stripped or loaded up you have options. The same could have been done with the 500, there are a lot of people on this forum that would have paid a premium to get at the very least a front locker, turf mode would be nice too. Add power steering and some better tires for around 3k more and it still would been been in line with pricing for the other 50' machines out there, but with Honda quality.

Reactions: Gassygordo
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Look at all the different ways to configure a rancher. Nobody complains about the price on those, if you want it stripped or loaded up you have options. The same could have been done with the 500, there are a lot of people on this forum that would have paid a premium to get at the very least a front locker, turf mode would be nice too. Add power steering and some better tires for around 3k more and it still would been been in line with pricing for the other 50' machines out there, but with Honda quality.
I agree!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!