Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I would strongly encourage you to do it yourself. Between all the folks and info here on the forums and the install video that @RobSparre created, you should be able to tackle this without any issue, even if you're not a 'lectrical genius.

Reason being is that, if something goes wrong and you're out on your own, you'll have the knowledge and understanding to fix it if you were the one who installed it. If you don't, well, then you'll be in a tough spot.

Believe me, you'll get all the help you want from forum users - just SEARCH or, if you don't find what you're looking for, ask!

DawgU

DawgU

Lifetime Member
Dec 20, 2022
Oakland TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would strongly encourage you to do it yourself. Between all the folks and info here on the forums and the install video that @RobSparre created, you should be able to tackle this without any issue, even if you're not a 'lectrical genius.

Reason being is that, if something goes wrong and you're out on your own, you'll have the knowledge and understanding to fix it if you were the one who installed it. If you don't, well, then you'll be in a tough spot.

Believe me, you'll get all the help you want from forum users - just SEARCH or, if you don't find what you're looking for, ask!
Thanks. Will consider. I've already read tons of posts and looked at lots of pictures. Will try to come up with a list of everything I want to do and see what people say. That said, I'd rather pay someone to do it right

Hillbillytnt

Hillbillytnt

May 2, 2020
Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The second battery is the easiest mod on these things. The controlled second fuse box is a little harder but not by much. Start at the club store with the key on harness and the true battery kit. All the info for install is here and plenty of people willing to help. Also check out the plug and play options for lights in the club store they are awesome. You can’t beat them even if your an electrician

K9Paco

K9Paco

Lifetime Member
Apr 22, 2018
Lake Charles, La
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
Try and do it yourself. Watch the videos and take your time. I did my Pioneer myself and therefore I understood what was going on. My Talon was done by someone else and now I don’t know what’s going on to add anything else. I’ve considered pulling all of the old stuff out, if I can figure out what that is, and redoing it myself. And I’m an electroidiot myself.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks. Will consider. I've already read tons of posts and looked at lots of pictures. Will try to come up with a list of everything I want to do and see what people say. That said, I'd rather pay someone to do it right
Jot down a list of what you want to accomplish.
We can as a group guide you to the best products for your situation.
The biggest labor in wiring is physically running the wires and mounting accessories. Making it look tidy takes forever.
Do not buy anything until you have a concrete plan in place.
We as a group may suggest a different way of doing something, which you may not of even considered.

The only thing I would be comfortable telling you to buy right now would be the following
2nd battery
isolator kit (club store) Electrical
Auxbeam control panel (either of the 2 listed) Search: 3 results found for "auxbeam"
Do not even bother with the wiring harnesses that come with most lights. They can be used for running to the Auxbeam, but don't bother with the relays, they are built in to the auxbeam panel.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I always recommend splitting it up into two projects.
The dual battery is very simple kit.
What confuses people when they say "dual battery" and then talk about fuse boxes, switches, winches...
A fuse box is NOT part of a dual battery system. That should be considered the secondary accessory system.
Can be added before or after a dual battery and easley moved when wired correctly.

Both are easy when discussed seperated, but when discussed together people confuse the heck out of them for some reason.

PS. I hope to one day have a bigger shop and stuff like this is what we would be doing.

DawgU

DawgU

Lifetime Member
Dec 20, 2022
Oakland TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I always recommend splitting it up into two projects.
The dual battery is very simple kit.
What confuses people when they say "dual battery" and then talk about fuse boxes, switches, winches...
A fuse box is NOT part of a dual battery system. That should be considered the secondary accessory system.
Can be added before or after a dual battery and easley moved when wired correctly.

Both are easy when discussed seperated, but when discussed together people confuse the heck out of them for some reason.

PS. I hope to one day have a bigger shop and stuff like this is what we would be doing.
The two project idea sounds awesome to me!!! Thank you!

Last edited:
Reactions: Scoop and Buggyman
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Start by intalling the aux battery and True isolator, nothing to it -

Even my ex could wire this thing, one battery to each post and the black wire to ground -
I cQVsGBM X2

Buy the True isolator from the club store and that gets you the dual voltmeter (round black thing in the center with 3 terminals) and relay to control the ground (orange thing, top center) -

I ctTn9Cd L

DawgU

DawgU

Lifetime Member
Dec 20, 2022
Oakland TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Start by intalling the aux battery and True isolator, nothing to it -

Even my ex could wire this thing, one battery to each post and the black wire to ground -
View attachment 391777

Buy the True isolator from the club store and that gets you the dual voltmeter (round black thing in the center with 3 terminals) and relay to control the ground (orange thing, top center) -

View attachment 391778
Thank you!

DawgU

DawgU

Lifetime Member
Dec 20, 2022
Oakland TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Jot down a list of what you want to accomplish.
We can as a group guide you to the best products for your situation.
The biggest labor in wiring is physically running the wires and mounting accessories. Making it look tidy takes forever.
Do not buy anything until you have a concrete plan in place.
We as a group may suggest a different way of doing something, which you may not of even considered.

The only thing I would be comfortable telling you to buy right now would be the following
2nd battery
isolator kit (club store) Electrical
Auxbeam control panel (either of the 2 listed) Search: 3 results found for "auxbeam"
Do not even bother with the wiring harnesses that come with most lights. They can be used for running to the Auxbeam, but don't bother with the relays, they are built in to the auxbeam panel.
Will do. Thank you!

Reactions: Scoop and Buggyman
DawgU

DawgU

Lifetime Member
Dec 20, 2022
Oakland TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Try and do it yourself. Watch the videos and take your time. I did my Pioneer myself and therefore I understood what was going on. My Talon was done by someone else and now I don’t know what’s going on to add anything else. I’ve considered pulling all of the old stuff out, if I can figure out what that is, and redoing it myself. And I’m an electroidiot myself.
Thank you! Gonna try :)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!