Need help fellow Michiganders

L

LarryAmboy

May 14, 2017
Castalian Springs, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We are originally from central Michigan but moved away many moons ago. Currently live in Tampa Florida.i had shoulder surgery 3weeks ago and am on short term disability. Started feeling cooped up at home so decided to load up the P1000-5 and head north and visit family and friends and get some riding in. Been a long time ago (70’s) but used to to spend time in and around the Huron National Forest riding and some in the UP. I’m sure things have changed a bunch, such as the old ski lodge hill near St. Helen is closed to rigging now.

Ok, so need some suggestions on where to go riding. Thinking we will get in a day of canoeing on the Ausable and 2-3 days of riding in the lower and then head across the straits for another 1-2 days of riding.

We don’t have rooms booked yet and could use some suggestions on “cabin” types. Needs to be pet friendly though.

Welcome some suggestions, please?

99Burban

99Burban

May 1, 2016
Michigan
Although i have not personally stayed here, Clear Lake Resort in West Branch looks like a nice place. It is close to the Ambrose Lake trail, which connects to West Branch, Rose City, St. Helen, Luzurn, and MIo trails. A lot of the trails are 50 inch or less, but i see the big machines out playing in this area all the time. The bar across the street has good food and a gas pump. Clear lake Resort, Michigan Lodging, Family Vacation Resort.

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
This should get u all the info you need. All the ones stated above are good as well. There is so much to explore in our Beautiful state in the northern lower and UP you can’t really go wrong. This will have your info for your trail stickers and all the trail maps. If you download MAPLETS to your phone iPad or tablet you can follow those maps easily with your gps enabled to the app. I use it regularly.

DNR - ORV Riding

Maplets – The Offline Maps App by Zaia Design
‎Maplets – The Offline Maps App

Reactions: DaddyDubbs
L

LarryAmboy

May 14, 2017
Castalian Springs, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How did the trip to Michigan go? What was your favorite ride?

My Honda is in Northeastern MI, but it doesn't get out of the local area. I'd like to change that..........

Sorry I’m late responding.....

This was great. Didn’t get as many riding miles as I would have liked but still got plenty. Best riding wears till in the Huron National forest and the eastern UP. Sure was a reminder how beautiful the state is.

Think I got the wife 90% there on buying a summer home somewhere in Northern Michigan. I’m thinking somewhere between Grayling or Mio right on the Ausable river but still haven’t ruled out a place on the water in the UP.

Gotta keep working it!

luckymike

luckymike

Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2016
michigan
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I ride between mio and Hale alot.good variety of terrain and trails.have a small hunting camp east of mio and a cottage near Long Lake outside Hale

Reactions: trigger

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!