P1000m5 Need help identifying

Ca51flatty

Ca51flatty

May 2, 2016
Riverside, CA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
IMG 7601
Does anyone know what this connector is for? Capped off under hood. I check out wiring diagram but I am not smart enough to figure it out. My guess is it is for accessory wiring?

A little help from an expert would be appreciated!

Ca51flatty

Ca51flatty

May 2, 2016
Riverside, CA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
OK, thanks. So if it is the Joint 2 connector then it more than likely it is for the Genuine Honda accessory plug in port?

Ca51flatty

Ca51flatty

May 2, 2016
Riverside, CA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
OK, thanks. So if it is the Joint 2 connector then it more than likely it is for the Genuine Honda accessory plug in port?

And if that is the case is it the Switch Plate Harness OSA30-HL4-100 that plugs into it? $329.95 retail is spendy!

Ca51flatty

Ca51flatty

May 2, 2016
Riverside, CA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would say that's correct..

What are you looking to do?

I am trying to add some accessories including the Honda horn kit (there are two listed) and I would prefer to use what Honda intended us to use but their accessory description sucks! No pictures, no instructions until you buy and other than the wiring diagram there is nothing in the service manual or owners manual about it.

My other option is to use an sPOD (4x4 SPOD Since 2005 - The ORIGINAL JEEP Over The Windshield Switch Console - Jeep Power Distribution System) system like I use in my Jeep but I am trying to learn about what may already be available

Thanks for the help.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Ya, thats a joint connector.
But, I dont think anything plugs into it. Its just there to combine/split wires throughout the sxs.

I too looked at the s-pod and the SwitchPro kits. Pricey .

J

JTW

I am trying to add some accessories including the Honda horn kit (there are two listed) and I would prefer to use what Honda intended us to use but their accessory description sucks! No pictures, no instructions until you buy and other than the wiring diagram there is nothing in the service manual or owners manual about it.

My other option is to use an sPOD (4x4 SPOD Since 2005 - The ORIGINAL JEEP Over The Windshield Switch Console - Jeep Power Distribution System) system like I use in my Jeep but I am trying to learn about what may already be available

Thanks for the help.
Well, I'm sure you've seen what most everyone on here does..
IMG 2630 IMG 2635

Reactions: CumminsPusher
DPort

DPort

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2017
Lincoln, ME
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 38190 Does anyone know what this connector is for? Capped off under hood. I check out wiring diagram but I am not smart enough to figure it out. My guess is it is for accessory wiring?

A little help from an expert would be appreciated!

Yes it is joint connector 2, both rear brake wires come to there, the brake signal wire from the brake light switch is there, a taillight wire is there, and a key-on switched feed is there as well as others......I plan to use them to add signal lights for the road, as well as lighting for my switches. (Splice into brake light feed and taillight, and disconnect and use the rear brake lights for stop-turn)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!