Need help on a pioneer question/ new owner 2019 pioneer 1000-5

T

tmoulton21

Mar 10, 2021
Ellensburg wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello all new member from ellensburg wa, was able to find a 2019 trade in with 81 miles on it, doors windshield and heater added. When I test drove the pioneer at dealership I noticed that it would not shift into high gear when in automatic but it would in manual. Dealership first told me it was due to the fuel pump recall that they had to do on it. That didn’t seem right to me so when I questioned them on it they are now saying that it was due to bad gas that was left in the tank from the owner that traded it in and it’s all been cleaned out and is shifting fine now. I go back on Monday to drive it again and sighn papers if it is shifting correctly. Does this sound fishy to anyone and would this worry you all? Thanks and appreciate any feedback

F6702142 89EF 4B88 98A8 0EF093BB3EAA 5DA4BD83 F706 460C BAA4 6A6B4A56BAA5 123B8255 126D 450F 8AE0 BA9708D105D4

Hillbillytnt

Hillbillytnt

May 2, 2020
Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Welcome. Mines a base without the paddles so can’t be much help with your ? But I don’t think bad gas would cause that but I’m no expert

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Welcome from the State of the Great Lakes!

How fast were you driving and how long without slowing Down? In “auto” if you stay in a slower speed say 15-25 mph and letting off the gas, the higher RPM’s will not let the cvt shift in the higher gear. You can in manual tho.

T

tmoulton21

Mar 10, 2021
Ellensburg wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Salesman was driving I’d say around the 25mph range.. the first time he let up right about when I felt it should have shifted so I asked him to get on it again and make it shift to high gear. He wasn’t able to get into high gear at all except In manual. Subbosedely this issue is fixed and it’s shifting great with the old gas cleaned out. If it shifts properly on Monday it’s nothing that will keep me from sighning on it I don’t think just seemed a little odd to me. Thanks for the feedback

E

Ericthered

Eric The Red
Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Sparks, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I guess it must be shifting right. FIRST thing, used or new hand tighten with a 10mm wrench all 3 grounds on the engine. This model is very picky about having good grounds. My 2017 and my neighbors 2020 both had issues that cleared up instantly by tightening the ground bolts. Don't just wiggle it...put the wrench on all 3 and tighten snug. Mine was 2 full turns loose on one and 1/2 on others and my neighbors was 1 full turn loose on 2 of the three. He almost took it into the dealer because it was shifting weird. Now has 500 miles on it and no dealer trips;. And he loves his 4 seater.

T

tmoulton21

Mar 10, 2021
Ellensburg wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks I’ll check that out
I guess it must be shifting right. FIRST thing, used or new hand tighten with a 10mm wrench all 3 grounds on the engine. This model is very picky about having good grounds. My 2017 and my neighbors 2020 both had issues that cleared up instantly by tightening the ground bolts. Don't just wiggle it...put the wrench on all 3 and tighten snug. Mine was 2 full turns loose on one and 1/2 on others and my neighbors was 1 full turn loose on 2 of the three. He almost took it into the dealer because it was shifting weird. Now has 500 miles on it and no dealer trips;. And he loves his 4 seater.

T

tmoulton21

Mar 10, 2021
Ellensburg wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How much iv been looking live in kennewick

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
Paid 16,900 for it. 2019 with 81 miles on it. They are definitely hard to find right now most places I called couldnt get a new one in until late summer. Try the Honda dealership in Wenatchee they had a red and a white deluxe 1000-5 coming in late April

K

k_stoner

Nov 26, 2020
US
Not bad price craigslist list shows a new one in ellensburg for 24000 right now with some options just to much money

T

tmoulton21

Mar 10, 2021
Ellensburg wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from Ga and glad your got it running right.
Thanks, turned out to be a bad injector. I was wrong on previous post machine is a 2019 with 19 miles on it, the 81 I was looking at was miles to service got it mixed up. Who only puts 19 miles on a brand new machine in 2 years? Doing the initial service on it early since it’s been sitting for 2 years flushing out bad gas and replacing bad injector

T

tmoulton21

Mar 10, 2021
Ellensburg wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think it's at a dealer

Ya I swing in to ellensburg power sports the other day for some parts, funny thing is I talked to Rodney the owner a few days before I bought my machine to see what he had and he said he wouldn’t have a pioneer for sale until august/ September, long story short I found the 2019 out of town and a few days later see the machine you’re referring to for sale. Rodney said that machine was sold and the guy waited 6 months for it to come in and then his financing fell through so now it’s up for sale. It does have windshield heater and winch installed but yes 24,999 is pretty steep. Glad I found mine first so I wasn’t tempted 😄

Reactions: ChadD and Mudwing
T

tmoulton21

Mar 10, 2021
Ellensburg wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Posting an update: service department couldn’t seem to figure why the machine is running rough/ not shifting. Replacing the injector did nothing, they had no timeline on when it would be fixed. With the extended wait time for parts right know and after expressing my unhappiness with the wait time on getting the machine back we were able to work out a deal. They gave me a full refund for machine and sold me a new 2021 for $500 off msrp for my troubles. I got lucky that they Happened to get a new machine in a couple days ago so I jumped on it. Today I brought home my new 2021 for 17,800 plus freight and set up. Couldn’t be happier with how it worked out

Smoking Joe

Smoking Joe

Mar 27, 2021
Alaska
Ownership

1. 700-2
Well with all the problems I mitta only put 19 miles on her too!🤣 I bought a '16 700-2 in 2017 with 12 street miles and 2 sets of tires for 10k! Only reason I got the 700! some people buy them and then realize they will never use it enough to make it worth the money. Worked out great for me!👍

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Salesman was driving I’d say around the 25mph range.. the first time he let up right about when I felt it should have shifted so I asked him to get on it again and make it shift to high gear. He wasn’t able to get into high gear at all except In manual. Subbosedely this issue is fixed and it’s shifting great with the old gas cleaned out. If it shifts properly on Monday it’s nothing that will keep me from sighning on it I don’t think just seemed a little odd to me. Thanks for the feedback
If I’m just driving around the neighborhood at 25 mph, it won’t shift into 6th. Needs to be 27-28 with minimal throttle. If I’m going out on the state roads to get off road, it won’t shift into 6th until 45-50 mph. Just depends on how hard you’re pushing it.

Reactions: Mudder

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!