P700 Need help on Super ATV windshield install

P

Prairie

May 29, 2017
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hi Gang - Went with the Super ATV 2 piece flip out windshield. On the install for the bottom portion I had good luck with the rubber seal install. I have good contact across the center of the hood and good contact about 1/4 and 3/4 of the way across the hood. Around the curves down from the center, and out towards the ROPS, I have about 1/2" of space. Have tried moving the brackets higher and lower for a couple of hrs. and no position seems to get a complete seal; is what I have the best seal in can expect?

Called Super ATV and didn't get much help. Have some pics of my situation if that would help.

Thanks.

Keith

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hi Gang - Went with the Super ATV 2 piece flip out windshield. On the install for the bottom portion I had good luck with the rubber seal install. I have good contact across the center of the hood and good contact about 1/4 and 3/4 of the way across the hood. Around the curves down from the center, and out towards the ROPS, I have about 1/2" of space. Have tried moving the brackets higher and lower for a couple of hrs. and no position seems to get a complete seal; is what I have the best seal in can expect?

Called Super ATV and didn't get much help. Have some pics of my situation if that would help.

Thanks.

Keith
First off, welcome to the club. I don't have that exact windshield but I do have the one piece windshield from superatv. The gasket/rubber seal they provide really won't seal water tight to the hood in my experience. Wish I had better news for you

swinn

swinn

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2017
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have that windshield and no it doesn't provide a watertight seal. There is a gap. It was the same way on my 500 too.

Reactions: Tflynn

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!