P1000 Need help with 2019 p1000

G

golfer1

Mar 1, 2020
Alabama
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
My p1000 LE is showing a code 52 and will not shift from first gear. I assume that is limp mode. I had asked for help before and the pcm was suggested. My problem is I can/t find the pcm. I am looking under the drivers seat and have removed all the panels including the seat back, floor boards etc. Can anyone tell me where I should be looking.
Thanks for your help and beset wishes.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Under the seat drivers side where u would put the aftermarket storage container. Should have a few giant molex connectors coming out of it

Mark in Northern Iowa

Mark in Northern Iowa

Club Contributor
Oct 20, 2021
Floyd County, Iowa
kramnella.wixsite.com
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Have read of at least 3 different code 52 with rodent chewed wires.
here was one
"My chewed wire was under the driver seat. Three connectors mounted up right next to the dust guards. Terrible location to work, but super happy it was a cheap and easy fix."
read of one with neutral safety switch
" pulled the neutral switch, cleaned it with some contact cleaner and replaced it, good to go."
and one with a wire connection problem
"neutral switch small wire cap kept popping off. Causes it to go into limp mode. My problem was under seat passenger side harness going to neutral switch."
Have a good day

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
ECU is left box.
Fan control box center.
Rectifier box is right. 25e9317378ebb970f7931d76ca9c6ba3

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

G

golfer1

Mar 1, 2020
Alabama
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Remington, do I need to remove the storate container box, is it underneath? Otherwise there is nothing there.
Iowa, thanks I am attempting to follow up on that.
Hondasxs, I can find nothing that looks like that under the drivers seat. Do I need to remove the storage compartment?
Apologies, I am very new to working on these. I am grateful for your help.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Remington, do I need to remove the storate container box, is it underneath? Otherwise there is nothing there.
Hondasxs, I can find nothing that looks like that under the drivers seat. Do I need to remove the storage compartment?
Yes, remove storage container.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Unplug the 3 connectors. When I had code 52, the middle connector had mud in it. Be careful and don't break the tabs like I did on 1 of them.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Sorry bro, I didnt know you asked me a question, you didnt tag me so I didnt know. Your new to this too lol. Next time use @ at the beginning of a name like @golfer1 to tag them so they get a notice.

Ok, I know this will sound redundant but if u have the seat off and can take a few pics, that will be a whole lot easier to pin point it for you. If u need help with that just ask.

G

golfer1

Mar 1, 2020
Alabama
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Thank you Remington I will remove the storage container tomorrow. Thanks for the info on how to tag. I will take some pics as I go.
Best wishes to you and all.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
It'd probably not the pcm, the neutral switches are known to fail.
I bought the neutral switch when i was getting code 52. After I got the machine home , i cleaned that dirty plug on the pcm and zip tied it because I broke the tab, it never happened again. So I've got a neutral switch if I ever need it in the future.

G

golfer1

Mar 1, 2020
Alabama
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
@TripleB I sent you a conversation message.
A little update.
1. It may very well be the neutral switch. Am trying to check it out further.
2. A little update: A: Gear indicator does not register on the display.
B: The AT/MT/Sport switch does not work at all and does not show on the display.
C. There is a Low indicator on the display which I believe indicates low range.
D. The shift indicator lights all work.
E. Motor seems to run rich especially at idle. Motor lopes, seems to go away as
warms up.
This is all new to me so please share any thoughts you have. By the way, I uncovered the PCM and am getting down to the neutral switch.

H

HondaTech

Code 52 causes the engine to act weird at idle, im assuming it's because it doesn't know its in Neutral so it freaks out.

The neutral switch that is indicating to be faulty is not the sub trans neutral, it's the internal 6 speed transmission neutral.

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Code 52 causes the engine to act weird at idle, im assuming it's because it doesn't know its in Neutral so it freaks out.

The neutral switch that is indicating to be faulty is not the sub trans neutral, it's the internal 6 speed transmission neutral.
What is neutral exactly in the 6 sp. tranny? How and when is it utilized? Or Is it just used to tell the trans the sub trans is in neutral and not to engage clutches?

Reactions: Lady01
H

HondaTech

What is neutral exactly in the 6 sp. tranny? How and when is it utilized? Or Is it just used to tell the trans the sub trans is in neutral and not to engage clutches?

That switch is engaged by the shift drum inside the engine. It's there so the pcm can know when the 6 speed transmission is in neutral and not engaged.

Reactions: ODAMO and Lady01
G

golfer1

Mar 1, 2020
Alabama
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

Is this a major job to replace or is on the outside of the case.
Can you suggest where I should look for it.
Is there a way to test it.
My manual only shows one neutral switch. Could that be because its an LE model.

C

CB111

Jul 2, 2018
Missoula, Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good morning
Probably an old question, but?
Best recommendation for the primary battery for
2018 Pioneer 1000-5 .?
Thank you

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Good morning
Probably an old question, but?
Best recommendation for the primary battery for
2018 Pioneer 1000-5 .?
Thank you

Spend $27 more and get free shipping. I always add some oil filters or something else I know I will use in the future to get the free shipping.

G

golfer1

Mar 1, 2020
Alabama
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
TripleB: Battery is showing 12.8v so I have not considered it.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!