new 1k-5 owner palmer alaska

B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
just sold off my polaris ranger 570 crew fullsize. got the pioneer 1000 5 seater. there might be better side by sides out there, but this thing slays my old ride in every way minus a seat.

polaris: 35 hp, top speed 45 on a hill, 11.5 ft wheelbase, no power
honda: 77hp, top speed 65 anywhere, 6.5 ft wheelbase, power.

it behaves differently. ive put around 40 miles on it so far. the gears are cool, shifts nice, feels snappy. doesnt really behave as well as my belt drive did in the mud though. feels boggish until you get moving. nothing too bad though.

full cab, paddle shifters, but no led headlights.
ill start a build thread soon when all my stuff gets here. they are installing the window of friday (glass)
and i ordered a bunch of stuff off amazon. honda charges 300 for a 4 rocker switch and plate? you kidding me?
i got that for less that 40 bucks with personalized switch names.

anyways love it. hands down miles and miles better than my polaris. LOVE THE WHEELBASE AND CLEARANCE. i dont high center on anything.

super excited. will post many many pics of our trips (huge hunters) of the scenery and alaska. might even have my friend who is all into taking those s***ty photos where they blur out stuff and make it grey and post it on instagram take a neato pic of it for you guys.

also, this monster hauls all ass. had it loaded down all seats full, and we hit 50 no problems at all, and can easily rip down kgb going 35 mph comfortably.

question: is the 7. whatever gallon gas tank with the reserve, a manual or automatic reserve?

super super excited to be a part of this forum. only reason i bought a polaris is because hondas SxS was (in my opinion) terrible. at least for my needs.

everything they have done in the new 2016 however, has completely fulfilled my wishes and desires!

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
@Boomboom907 Welcome to the club and congrats on the new P1K5 Thanks for sharing your impressions of the machine, be sure and share some pics of the great area you travel in.

just sold off my polaris ranger 570 crew fullsize. got the pioneer 1000 5 seater. there might be better side by sides out there, but this thing slays my old ride in every way minus a seat.

question: is the 7. whatever gallon gas tank with the reserve, a manual or automatic reserve?

super super excited to be a part of this forum. only reason i bought a polaris is because hondas SxS was (in my opinion) terrible. at least for my needs.

Did you get that backwards on your last sentence ? LOL

The 7.9 gal tank includes the 1.9 gal reserve it is automatic, when it starts flashing low fuel you are on your last 1.9 gal reserve fuel.

Reactions: R-Lamm
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
@Boomboom907

Welcome to the best forum in the land! We love to hear about conversions from the dark side.

Please keep us updated on your build. We get new ideas every week from great members.

Got any questions? Please ask.

Joe

Sent from my iPhone 10s

Reactions: R-Lamm and sharp
AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Boomboom907

Nice to see another person from Palmer here. Welcome! Where have you been riding? I have and issue that Alaska Cycle Center is trying to fix so I haven't put too many miles on mine yet.

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good idea @AK_Centurion ... If I ever get mine back from AK Cycle we should plan something. I've been itching to get up to Eska Falls, and maybe ride Purinton and Pinochle trails. I haven't ridden them in years.

B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
@Boomboom907

Nice to see another person from Palmer here. Welcome! Where have you been riding? I have and issue that Alaska Cycle Center is trying to fix so I haven't put too many miles on mine yet.
Just got back from kings river last night around 12:30 am. Went up to ruby lake and we pulled out a 25ish inch rainbow trout and slayed a twelve pack.

Played with manual mode. I actually really liked it. Going down the rough trail it was nice to be able to control my power and engine braking.

She does pretty well in mud with the stock tires. Gonna burn them away and upgrade to some outlaws I think.

Last week went to Jims creek. 2 weeks before that I went with my polaris.

The honda takes the cake.

20160430 192621

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just got back from kings river last night around 12:30 am. Went up to ruby lake and we pulled out a 25ish inch rainbow trout and slayed a twelve pack.

Played with manual mode. I actually really liked it. Going down the rough trail it was nice to be able to control my power and engine braking.

She does pretty well in mud with the stock tires. Gonna burn them away and upgrade to some outlaws I think.

Last week went to Jims creek. 2 weeks before that I went with my polaris.

The honda takes the cake.

View attachment 14442

I've rode Kings River twice, years ago, but never found the cutoff to get to Ruby Lake. Maybe I'm blind. That's another ride that's on my list. 25" is a damn nice rainbow. I checked the stocking records and F&G last stocked it in 2014, but only with sterile fish.

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Welcome to the Club @Boomboom907 !!

B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I've rode Kings River twice, years ago, but never found the cutoff to get to Ruby Lake. Maybe I'm blind. That's another ride that's on my list. 25" is a damn nice rainbow. I checked the stocking records and F&G last stocked it in 2014, but only with sterile fish.
After 20 mins of riding from the parking lot, there will be a very distinct break in the trail. A slight bend to the left, or a sharp right.

The left brings you up a hill and you continue up the mountain. The right continues straight for about 3 minutes and has pull offs much like campgrounds do all along the bank.

I'm not sure why I'm telling you, as all those fish are belong to us.

We should go motor around up there sometime.

Reactions: AKRider
advertisement
Bigtee

Bigtee

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2017
Grayson, KY
Ownership

1. 520

2. 1000-5
Congrats on the change. This a great forum and a great bunch of people.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from Cleveland!

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
who we welcoming?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!