P500 New 520 owner with questions

W

wvmountaineers

Jun 17, 2021
Virginia
Ownership

1. 500
First time honda owner, first time Atv of any kind owner, first time poster, too. I really love my 520, when my 16 year old daughter lets me drive it, lol. I have come here looking for knowledge. Seems like a great resource, and thanks in advance for any help.

My questions are,

1. Is the only difference between the 500 and the 520 the dump bed? When looking for accessories, can things like roofs, windshield, etc fit between the models?

2. Same with engine parts, eg: air filters, and oil filters. Will the 500 parts fit the 520?

3. What is the best source for aftermarket parts, such as oil filters and other routine maintenance parts? Best price? Selection? What are your go to sites?

Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
First time honda owner, first time Atv of any kind owner, first time poster, too. I really love my 520, when my 16 year old daughter lets me drive it, lol. I have come here looking for knowledge. Seems like a great resource, and thanks in advance for any help.

My questions are,

1. Is the only difference between the 500 and the 520 the dump bed? When looking for accessories, can things like roofs, windshield, etc fit between the models?

2. Same with engine parts, eg: air filters, and oil filters. Will the 500 parts fit the 520?

3. What is the best source for aftermarket parts, such as oil filters and other routine maintenance parts? Best price? Selection? What are your go to sites?

Thanks again!

WELCOME!

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Welcome from Georgia. Here’s a link from HondaKevinPro, keep scrolling down to details like different engines. Kevin is a stand up guy that worked at my local dealer until they closed. And as you are new, members here are fantastic. The search feature is also good if you care to browse through the posts from the 520 guys.

My best aftermarket additions to my P500 are the Power Steering and Torq masters front diff locker, both of which fit the 520. P520 guys can verify but thinking roofs, windshields and bumpers are 500/520 fitment and I have a Strongmade brand front bumper like many others. Lots of how-to posts on things like electrical wiring for winches and accessories, and members chime in if questions arise.

And I highly recommend a triggershield, a custom cut rubber mat for under the seat to reduce noise and heat. @trigger is a long time member that makes them.

Last edited:
Bigtee

Bigtee

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2017
Grayson, KY
Ownership

1. 520

2. 1000-5
Welcome from Kentucky.

You’ll find lots of good information on the link that @Mudder posted above. What I have found on my 520 is below:

1. some of the windshields will not work because of the gusset added to the ROPS
2. rear windshield is different because of the bed tilt on the 520
3. fender flares are different because of the added shield in the front fender wells on the 520
4. Rocky Mountain ATV is a good source for accessories and parts. But there are many good vendors in the Vendor section of the forum, I try to use them as much as possible.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from Canton, OH
Pics or it didn’t happen
Red is the fastest color

#NTC

Reactions: J80 and trigger
advertisement
Aerolite

Aerolite

Jan 10, 2021
Oxford Mills ON
Ownership

1. 500
View attachment 281329
Here’s a picture for those asking. Lol

I know what you’re saying. I’ll spend as much on extras as I did on the machine. I want to check out this reverse override.

The reverse override is very simple to do and only takes a few minutes. Sure wish I’d found out about that before plowing snow this winter.
I was same as you, first four wheel off road vehicle of any kind, come from decades of dirt biking.
I put on aftermarket winch, plow, side mirrors, wiper blades, and rear fabric enclosure. Got a heat shield from Trigger. Have OEM windshield, roof, and storage bag compartment that hangs from upper rear bar. Also went to 4+3 offset steel rims with 27” tires, but kept the stock wheels for winter. The biggest purchase is the Elka S3 shocks I have on order, hoping to get them within the next few weeks. Can’t wait!
So no, not much spending on accessories 😳 lol

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!