Ericseabaugh

Lifetime Member
Jun 17, 2022
South Central Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I will go
I will go low.
Just wondering the reason you would go low with a big light bar? The higher you can get that light the more coverage you will get down the trail or road. That's a 40" bar and it lights up the trail like it's daylight being up as high as I could get it without adding any height to the

20220612 155255 20220612 155234

M

mrmagoolin

Apr 20, 2022
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just wondering the reason you would go low with a big light bar? The higher you can get that light the more coverage you will get down the trail or road. That's a 40" bar and it lights up the trail like it's daylight being up as high as I could get it without adding any height to the

View attachment 343984 View attachment 343985
Up high there can be some issues with the light reflecting and causing glare/wash out of the window. Two feet or less of height to me is not going to change the throw distance significant enough to worry about. Also it helps a little with the light not getting hit with branches and things as much.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

View attachment 343984 View attachment 343985
Mine would never make it up there. It would be destroyed. Plus that spot probably wouldn't work with the flip up windshield. Definitely would put out more light though.

Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
ordered the mount from the club store also. Are you saying it won’t work with the stock bumper?

Ericseabaugh

Ericseabaugh

Lifetime Member
Jun 17, 2022
South Central Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine would never make it up there. It would be destroyed. Plus that spot probably wouldn't work with the flip up windshield. Definitely would put out more light though.
No it would definitely not work with the flip up windshield. I have the Kolpin metal roof and Kolpin glass windshield so it works perfectly. With it under the lip of the roof if it gets destroyed there you have way more problems than a couple hundred dollar light bar! Lol.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!