New Engine Performance Options for our Talons

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
I've been looking around the web for ways to increase the HP on the Talon beyond an exhaust and store bought tune. Im building mine to race in an N/A class that has no engine restrictions other than no turbos, superchargers or nitrous allowed, so the sky is the limit. In my search I came across a couple companies that look promising if anybody else is intrested...

WWW.JSDMACHINEWORKS.COM
-Stock bore high compression CP pistons
-Kibblewhite + 1mm intake & Exhaust valves
-Stock bore 9 - 1 compression turbo pistons
-Carrillo H beam Rods (Turbo applications)

WWW.DANIELCROWERRACING.COM
-Performance Camshaft

I think combining an 11.5 -1 compression ratio piston with a slightly decked head, to get closer to 12-1compression ratio, combined with a ported head, bigger valves and the DCR camshaft would be a kick azz setup for a race motor. Tune it with VP110 race gas so timing could be maximized, and I bet that motor would ripp!

Another thing I would add to a wish list would be bigger bore throttle body's and slightly bigger injectors.

A few years ago I sent my KTM throttle body to a company in California, based on my dealers recommendation, that bored it oversize, profiled the throttle shaft and installed a new thinner larger throttle plate to fit the bore. They also installed a bigger cc injector. I had the bike dyno tuned at the KTM dealer after and it was an impressive difference with no other mods. I could see the Talon benefitting from this same modification.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've been looking around the web for ways to increase the HP on the Talon beyond an exhaust and store bought tune. Im building mine to race in an N/A class that has no engine restrictions other than no turbos, superchargers or nitrous allowed, so the sky is the limit. In my search I came across a couple companies that look promising if anybody else is intrested...

WWW.JSDMACHINEWORKS.COM
-Stock bore high compression CP pistons
-Stock bore 9 - 1 compression turbo pistons
-Carrillo H beam Rods (Turbo applications)

WWW.DANIELCROWERRACING.COM
-Performance Camshaft

I think combining an 11.5 -1 compression ratio piston with a slightly decked head, to get closer to 12-1compression ratio, combined with a ported head, bigger valves and the DCR camshaft would be a kick azz setup for a race motor. Tune it with VP110 race gas so timing could be maximized, and I bet that motor would ripp!

Another thing I would add to a wish list would be bigger bore throttle body's and slightly bigger injectors.

A few years ago I sent my KTM throttle body to a company in California, based on my dealers recommendation, that bored it oversize, profiled the throttle shaft and installed a new thinner larger throttle plate to fit the bore. They also installed a bigger cc injector. I had the bike dyno tuned at the KTM dealer after and it was an impressive difference with no other mods. I could see the Talon benefitting from this same modification.

Thoughts?
Sounds awesome!!! do it and get back to us with dyno numbers

Michigander

Michigander

Nov 13, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'd talk to Complete Offroad Performance out of TX also.

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
I'd talk to Complete Offroad Performance out of TX also.

Care to post a link to their website. I googled that name and only came up with a 4x4 shop with no SxS related content on their site.

Also, may I ask why I should check them out? Do they make performance related products for Talons? I live in Texas and travel all over this state and others for work. Its always cool to stop and check out new shops when I'm on the road. :cool:

WTXoffroader

WTXoffroader

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2019
Kermit, TX
Ownership

1. Talon R

2. Talon X4

I think they are in Midland.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!