New from Indiana

P

PistolAnnie

Jul 14, 2016
Indiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hello all! New to the site and still getting used to it all.

I currently own a 2015 CFMOTO UForce 800. Bought it in April and already have had light issues.. Someone else I know had a motor blow up on him (don't know how it happened but he knows how to take care of vehicles and didn't do anything wrong like not adding oil, etc.) Anyways, mine only has 320 miles on it, been in the barn the last 2.5 months. I've had multiple people tell me nothing but bad stuff about the CFMotos. Wanting to trade it in on either a 700-4 or a 1000-5.

The 700-4 is in more of my price range but I'd save longer if the 1000-5 is a lot better. I'd be reading in my UForce on one.

What I'd be using it for.
Primarily:
--Back road cruising with think friends. They'd be riding with and I also have friends with Ranger 900s and RZR 1000s. Would be nice to be able to keep up with them.
--I Hunt and so does my boyfriend. So we'd be using it to haul tree stands, pulling out deer, haul deer, etc.
--Putting around the yard, hauling stuff back and fourth. Such as hauling firewood, hauling stuff to the barn, pulling a small trailer/yard cart.

Secondary:
--Redbird SRA isn't too far from me, I used to work there. I know I'd like to go there sometimes too. Wouldn't do any crazy difficult trails there, I know that the more seats you have, the longer it is, and you bottom out easy on hills and such. I wouldn't trail ride much. My friends also own property with trails in the woods.

With the 700-4, I worry about the power. Especially with 4 adults riding. Like if I decide to trail ride, will it hold up?
With the 1000-5, I am not a patient person lol so saving up the extra month would drive me crazy! Haha but if it's worth it, I'd do it.

Also, how do prices in accessories compare between the 2? Are the windshield sizes different widths/heights?
The only website I've sound for accessories is sidebysidestuff.com. I ordered a windshield for my UForce through them.

**side note: I know the 700-4 comes in camo, but is there a 1000-5 in camo?? That's really what I'd want. If not, I'd get the olive drab color. My UForce is camo.**

Sorry for writing so much. Feel free to ask any other questions!

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

I currently own a 2015 CFMOTO UForce 800. Bought it in April and already have had light issues.. Someone else I know had a motor blow up on him (don't know how it happened but he knows how to take care of vehicles and didn't do anything wrong like not adding oil, etc.) Anyways, mine only has 320 miles on it, been in the barn the last 2.5 months. I've had multiple people tell me nothing but bad stuff about the CFMotos. Wanting to trade it in on either a 700-4 or a 1000-5.

The 700-4 is in more of my price range but I'd save longer if the 1000-5 is a lot better. I'd be reading in my UForce on one.

Primarily:
--Back road cruising with think friends. They'd be riding with and I also have friends with Ranger 900s and RZR 1000s. Would be nice to be able to keep up with them.
--I Hunt and so does my boyfriend. So we'd be using it to haul tree stands, pulling out deer, haul deer, etc.
--Putting around the yard, hauling stuff back and fourth. Such as hauling firewood, hauling stuff to the barn, pulling a small trailer/yard cart.

Secondary:
--Redbird SRA isn't too far from me, I used to work there. I know I'd like to go there sometimes too. Wouldn't do any crazy difficult trails there, I know that the more seats you have, the longer it is, and you bottom out easy on hills and such. I wouldn't trail ride much. My friends also own property with trails in the woods.

With the 700-4, I worry about the power. Especially with 4 adults riding. Like if I decide to trail ride, will it hold up?
With the 1000-5, I am not a patient person lol so saving up the extra month would drive me crazy! Haha but if it's worth it, I'd do it.

Also, how do prices in accessories compare between the 2? Are the windshield sizes different widths/heights?
The only website I've sound for accessories is sidebysidestuff.com. I ordered a windshield for my UForce through them.

**side note: I know the 700-4 comes in camo, but is there a 1000-5 in camo?? That's really what I'd want. If not, I'd get the olive drab color. My UForce is camo.**

I wouldn't plan on keeping up with a RZRs, they are sport models and the pioneer isn't. However, those RZRs won't keep up with you in a pioneer when hauling in game, hauling deer stands, etc.

The P700 is under powered but it will run forever. Think about the tortoise and hare. The P700 is also better suited for slow technical riding.

The difference in accessory price isn't that much. I do think there are more accessories for the P1000 currently even though it's newer. Try other sites like rockymountainatv.com.

There is a camo option for the P1000. Also, you can get a wrap kit from CreativeUTVGraphics.

Check out the garage section and see other peoples builds. You can see what others have done with their 700's and 1000's to help with your accessories questions.

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

Primarily:

Secondary:

Here are some questions that might help you fill out your wants/needs some more.

What type of terrain will you be riding in?

What do you like most about your current machine?

What do you like least about your current machine?

What kind of trade in value will your current machine bring?

What speed are you planning on doing your cruising at?

Keep in mind that the -4 and -5 models have a roll cage that extends back to the end of the dump bed. Make sure it won't interfere with any of your deer stands or other uses depending on the size stuff might get hung up on it. The other models don't have that in the way.

Reactions: joeymt33
P

PistolAnnie

Jul 14, 2016
Indiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I wouldn't plan on keeping up with a RZRs, they are sport models and the pioneer isn't. However, those RZRs won't keep up with you in a pioneer when hauling in game, hauling deer stands, etc.

The P700 is under powered but it will run forever. Think about the tortoise and hare. The P700 is also better suited for slow technical riding.

The difference in accessory price isn't that much. I do think there are more accessories for the P1000 currently even though it's newer. Try other sites like rockymountainatv.com.

There is a camo option for the P1000. Also, you can get a wrap kit from CreativeUTVGraphics.

Check out the garage section and see other peoples builds. You can see what others have done with their 700's and 1000's to help with your accessories questions.

Oh ya I know that, I just figure I'd only be eating a little bit of their dust compared to a lot in the p700 hahaha.
Thanks for the links for other pages and other areas of the forum. Still getting used to navigating this site haha.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
If your friend with the are RZR 1000 has the four seat model, then you could leave them in the dust with a pioneer 1000 if you are riding in tight trails.

Don't forget that part either.

Reactions: Crow_Hunter
P

PistolAnnie

Jul 14, 2016
Indiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Here are some questions that might help you fill out your wants/needs some more.

What type of terrain will you be riding in?

What do you like most about your current machine?

What do you like least about your current machine?

What kind of trade in value will your current machine bring?

What speed are you planning on doing your cruising at?

Keep in mind that the -4 and -5 models have a roll cage that extends back to the end of the dump bed. Make sure it won't interfere with any of your deer stands or other uses depending on the size stuff might get hung up on it. The other models don't have that in the way.

--My area of Indiana is pretty flat. I'd maybe be around some hills, like if we go in the woods.

--Current machine: I love that it's a utility. The guy I know that also has one has a ZForce which is the sport version. Did not like it. It's an 800, so it's decent on power. I do not like that it's only a 2 seater. I have a little brother that likes to ride and friends and family that I'd like to cruise around with me.

--When I called about trading in on a 700-4, they said they'd give me like $6.8k.

--Speeds: slow speeds all they way up to fast. When I've been riding with friends before, we've putted around but also went fast. I know I don't wanna get left behind when we go out haha. Most cruising would be 30-45 mph.

--I don't think the roll cages would get in the way of much. Would just have to adjust to what I have. Strap stuff to the roof if needed I suppose

P

PistolAnnie

Jul 14, 2016
Indiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
If your friend with the are RZR 1000 has the four seat model, then you could leave them in the dust with a pioneer 1000 if you are riding in tight trails.

Don't forget that part either.

I have a cousin with a Ranger 6 seater and one of my friends is planning to get the RZR 1000 4 seater. Good to know!! Haha

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
--My area of Indiana is pretty flat. I'd maybe be around some hills, like if we go in the woods.

--Current machine: I love that it's a utility. The guy I know that also has one has a ZForce which is the sport version. Did not like it. It's an 800, so it's decent on power. I do not like that it's only a 2 seater. I have a little brother that likes to ride and friends and family that I'd like to cruise around with me.

--When I called about trading in on a 700-4, they said they'd give me like $6.8k.

--Speeds: slow speeds all they way up to fast. When I've been riding with friends before, we've putted around but also went fast. I know I don't wanna get left behind when we go out haha. Most cruising would be 30-45 mph.

--I don't think the roll cages would get in the way of much. Would just have to adjust to what I have. Strap stuff to the roof if needed I suppose

Sounds like your next step is to test drive both models to see if you would consider buying either one of them.

P

PistolAnnie

Jul 14, 2016
Indiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Sounds like your next step is to test drive both models to see if you would consider buying either one of them.

The one thing that sucks in my area that sells them, it's in a city, and in a county that doesn't allow them on County roads. So you can only test drive in the parking lot. They don't have a test course unfortunately..

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

If you are in the south end of Indiana, you might want to give a call to Abernathy's Honda in Union City TN on your trade. At least look on their website and see what they are selling new ones for.

With that cruising speed I think you might lean towards the Pioneer 1000-5 instead of the P700. I think you would be pushing the rev limiter on the P700.

The only other option that you would have for a multiseater that is also a good utility like that are the Kawasaki ProFXT which is quite a bit longer than the Pioneer.

advertisement
P

PistolAnnie

Jul 14, 2016
Indiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
If you are in the south end of Indiana, you might want to give a call to Abernathy's Honda in Union City TN on your trade. At least look on their website and see what they are selling new ones for.

With that cruising speed I think you might lean towards the Pioneer 1000-5 instead of the P700. I think you would be pushing the rev limiter on the P700.

The only other option that you would have for a multiseater that is also a good utility like that are the Kawasaki ProFXT which is quite a bit longer than the Pioneer.

I'm probably about 4.5 hours north from there. My stepdad has a cousin that works there. I've tried looking around but haven't noticed any honda dealers that are closer. Besides the one in Terre Haute (I'm 20 min south).

Seriously?? That's crazy. My 2 seater 800 haS gone 64 and I think that's all it'll give. So I guess something with a smaller engine, that's bigger, won't go near that?

I'll check into that and see what the style/price is like for those.

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I'm probably about 4.5 hours north from there. My stepdad has a cousin that works there. I've tried looking around but haven't noticed any honda dealers that are closer. Besides the one in Terre Haute (I'm 20 min south).

Seriously?? That's crazy. My 2 seater 800 haS gone 64 and I think that's all it'll give. So I guess something with a smaller engine, that's bigger, won't go near that?

I'll check into that and see what the style/price is like for those.

I don't think you will be able to beat their prices any closer to where you live.

I think the P700 cuts out at 45 MPH so you will probably be screaming the engine at your preferred cruising speeds but I would defer that to someone who ones one.

I know the Pioneer 1000 can easily cruise at 45 with plenty to spare.

Keep in mind the Kawi is both heavier, longer, and slower than the Pioneer 1000.

P

PistolAnnie

Jul 14, 2016
Indiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I don't think you will be able to beat their prices any closer to where you live.

I think the P700 cuts out at 45 MPH so you will probably be screaming the engine at your preferred cruising speeds but I would defer that to someone who ones one.

I know the Pioneer 1000 can easily cruise at 45 with plenty to spare.

Keep in mind the Kawi is both heavier, longer, and slower than the Pioneer 1000.

I think they are cheaper down there but driving 4.5 hours to get it, driving a Dodge with a hemi lol I don't know that it'd be worth it unfortunately.

Whaaat?! That's ridiculous!! Lol yaaaa if that's true, there ain't no way I'd want that. If I have to drive fast, I want to drive fast. Plus driving it like that, is just asking for it to get tore up..

I looked it up and I'm not a fan of the body style. If it's longer and heavier, don't really like the sound of that. Plus I like that if you wanna fold down the back seats and have a bigger bed, that's an option. I have 2 labs and a Shepherd that like to go for rides too lol

Reactions: sharp
Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I think they are cheaper down there but driving 4.5 hours to get it, driving a Dodge with a hemi lol I don't know that it'd be worth it unfortunately.

Whaaat?! That's ridiculous!! Lol yaaaa if that's true, there ain't no way I'd want that. If I have to drive fast, I want to drive fast. Plus driving it like that, is just asking for it to get tore up..

I looked it up and I'm not a fan of the body style. If it's longer and heavier, don't really like the sound of that. Plus I like that if you wanna fold down the back seats and have a bigger bed, that's an option. I have 2 labs and a Shepherd that like to go for rides too lol

I would at least check the price difference and calculate the mileage, there are people who drive there from Nevada and West Virginia because the deals are so good there. As a matter of fact, someone from Indiana drove down and bought their last Silver P1000-5 Deluxe right before I did. ;):mad::(

The Mule Pro FXT has a "Trans cab" that lets you have both a 6 seater with a bed or a 3 seater with a HUGE bed.

But I don't think it is as fast as the Pioneer 1000 but it is much quieter but it is about a foot and a half longer and doesn't have a locking front differential.

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Also, I can vouch for the Pioneer 1000 and labs. We also have 2 labs and they really like to ride. There is plenty of room for 2 of them in the back, I think adding a third would make it a little tighter but I don't think it would crowd them too much. Another advantage of the Pioneer 1000-5 with dogs is that it comes with factory side nets that you can leave on in the back. Helps keep the labs, ours are dumb as rocks, from jumping out while moving when they see a rabbit or a cat but they can still stick their head out and slobber into the wind.

If you are wanting to take passengers and not drive a bus, your only option is the Pioneer or the Mule and the Mule is pushing the bus envelope.

If you want to have a useful utility that can also go fast and have fun and also fit turn fairly sharp your only choice is the Pioneer. They own that market right now.

Just be aware that they run a little hot in the cab (but not really much worse than others IMHO) and the drivetrain will not be anything like what you are used to in an automatic car or on a CVT like the CFMoto and the back seats aren't as nice as some of the larger bus type vehicles. Definitely try it out before you buy if at all possible.

P

PistolAnnie

Jul 14, 2016
Indiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Also, I can vouch for the Pioneer 1000 and labs. We also have 2 labs and they really like to ride. There is plenty of room for 2 of them in the back, I think adding a third would make it a little tighter but I don't think it would crowd them too much. Another advantage of the Pioneer 1000-5 with dogs is that it comes with factory side nets that you can leave on in the back. Helps keep the labs, ours are dumb as rocks, from jumping out while moving when they see a rabbit or a cat but they can still stick their head out and slobber into the wind.

If you are wanting to take passengers and not drive a bus, your only option is the Pioneer or the Mule and the Mule is pushing the bus envelope.

If you want to have a useful utility that can also go fast and have fun and also fit turn fairly sharp your only choice is the Pioneer. They own that market right now.

Just be aware that they run a little hot in the cab (but not really much worse than others IMHO) and the drivetrain will not be anything like what you are used to in an automatic car or on a CVT like the CFMoto and the back seats aren't as nice as some of the larger bus type vehicles. Definitely try it out before you buy if at all possible.

Haha! Good to know about the dog info lol

I think my UForce gets hot.. I saw that someone in another post mentioned that someone is making heat Shields for them? The heat is nice in the winter but terrible in the summer..

Ya I noticed that about the seats. I'd be the driver or front passenger so I wouldn't have to worry!

Ya I'd like to test drive. Just sucks that I can only drive in their parking lot!

**side note: I did ask people about the speed of the 700-4 and I got 42-45 mph.. ridiculous!!

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Haha! Good to know about the dog info lol

I think my UForce gets hot.. I saw that someone in another post mentioned that someone is making heat Shields for them? The heat is nice in the winter but terrible in the summer..

Ya I noticed that about the seats. I'd be the driver or front passenger so I wouldn't have to worry!

Ya I'd like to test drive. Just sucks that I can only drive in their parking lot!

**side note: I did ask people about the speed of the 700-4 and I got 42-45 mph.. ridiculous!!

Remember that the P700 is primarily a utility vehicle and at it's core it is still a Honda Rincon ATV. It is probably the most utilitarian of the line and better than anything else available period if you want to creep along and do work and take the family along for the ride. There really isn't anything else out there than can do that without causing damage to something, including the P1000. The catch is, you can't do it fast.

You might want to ask around the forum and see if there are any members in your area, I am sure they would want to take you for a test ride and it would be better than a controlled one anyway.

Mine gets hot, but it isn't unbearable, but we all have different heat tolerances and mine is pretty high. But my brother's is pretty low and he said he noticed it but it wasn't unbearable to him.

I tried the Can Am Defender which was touted as having no heat but it does, just in different places and it is managed slightly better.

But you should really try it first if at all possible. Particularly if you are someone who wants to drive around having a few cold ones out of the cup holders. They won't be cold for very long at all. ;)

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome! I would definitely pick the 1000-5. It's well worth it to save for a few extra weeks. Bayouownbeer has a fix for the heat. Do a search for him. And my p1k5D has run 67 on the speedo which was actually 69 on the GPS on flat ground with a tail wind. Or patient, you won't regret it. The crew cab rangers/rzrs are a lot like driving a school bus in the Walgreens parking lot. With a similar turning radius. Worthless for trail riding imho.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!