P1000 New Honda 1000-5 problems

S

smitty9805

Jun 14, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am a new 1000-5 deluxe owner and have been very pleased with the machines performance overall. However, I was trying the 4WD out the other afternoon and noticed that after I took it out of 4WD and it disengaged, it made a loud popping noise under the machine. Almost like I had ran over something. It Did this twice. Any thoughts on what this could be?

walexa07

walexa07

Lifetime Member
Feb 6, 2016
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine has done it 2 or 3 times in about 500 miles. I think the cables need to be adjusted as it sounds like it is partially trying to stay in or out of 4WD. If the cable adjustment is within spec, I'd assume it is just nature of the beast. Maybe someone else will chime in with a better answer - I know it's a little unnerving to hear it pop like that, even only occasionally.

Waylan

S

smitty9805

Jun 14, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine has done it 2 or 3 times in about 500 miles. I think the cables need to be adjusted as it sounds like it is partially trying to stay in or out of 4WD. If the cable adjustment is within spec, I'd assume it is just nature of the beast. Maybe someone else will chime in with a better answer - I know it's a little unnerving to hear it pop like that, even only occasionally.

Waylan
yes, it made a loud pop that rattled the whole machine. Very unnerving lol. Thanks for the reply

Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
yes, it made a loud pop that rattled the whole machine. Very unnerving lol. Thanks for the reply
Cables need to be adjusted it it still partialy locked in or out

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Mine will do it but I make sure I go slow turning left and right and sometimes I need to back up a little. Both are still about the same. My 3 seat has about 3,000 miles and 5 seat has about 350 miles. I think if its under a load it won't disconnect. I make sure it has shifted in or out before I continue to drive to avoid the loud popping noise. My Yamaha's were a lot better. My Teryx 4 seat was awful until I had a couple hundred miles on it.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine has done it a couple times as well. Very unnerving at first.

D

Deanb

Mar 26, 2016
Stonyplain
I am a new 1000-5 deluxe owner and have been very pleased with the machines performance overall. However, I was trying the 4WD out the other afternoon and noticed that after I took it out of 4WD and it disengaged, it made a loud popping noise under the machine. Almost like I had ran over something. It Did this twice. Any thoughts on what this could be?
I also have the 1000 5 deluxe, it was hard shifting, then started to shutter taking off , just received a call from the honda dealership they replaced the clutch. I am hoping honda comes out with a fix for the clutch / I love the machine but the gearing is a bit high especially in reverse the dealership told me they are doing a lot of clutch.s

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!