P1000m3 New LE owner Here

riverat1540

riverat1540

Apr 28, 2017
Algonquin, IL
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself and my families new ride! 50 miles on it so far in the last few days and have been very impressed. No problems thus far other than the wife being a little short for the pedals but she manages. The first day I thought I was going to get whiplash with her driving. Can definitely feel the heat under the seat though. Overall I think we made the right choice over a polaris. And matches the truck pretty close!

IMG 1119 IMG 1122 IMG 1117

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome to the club! Sharp looking ride. Looks like it's already getting put to good use. The seat heat is an easy fix with an under seat heat shield and a bilge blower. Lots of info and knowledgeable people here. If ya got a question just ask... Someone here more than likely has an answer

riverat1540

riverat1540

Apr 28, 2017
Algonquin, IL
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Welcome to the club! Sharp looking ride. Looks like it's already getting put to good use. The seat heat is an easy fix with an under seat heat shield and a bilge blower. Lots of info and knowledgeable people here. If ya got a question just ask... Someone here more than likely has an answer

Thanks! Ive been reading a little on the heat shields. Looks to be made out of windshield sun shade material from what I can tell. Haven't read on the bilge fan yet so ill have to check that out.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself and my families new ride! 50 miles on it so far in the last few days and have been very impressed. No problems thus far other than the wife being a little short for the pedals but she manages. The first day I thought I was going to get whiplash with her driving. Can definitely feel the heat under the seat though. Overall I think we made the right choice over a polaris. And matches the truck pretty close!

View attachment 42919 View attachment 42920 View attachment 42921
Beautiful rig! Welcome to the group

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Thanks! Ive been reading a little on the heat shields. Looks to be made out of windshield sun shade material from what I can tell. Haven't read on the bilge fan yet so ill have to check that out.
Aluminum bubble wrap stuff at Lowe's. Used on metal buildings. Wrap from the bottom seat to up the backrest seat. Solves 90% of the front seat heat.

riverat1540

riverat1540

Apr 28, 2017
Algonquin, IL
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Aluminum bubble wrap stuff at Lowe's. Used on metal buildings. Wrap from the bottom seat to up the backrest seat. Solves 90% of the front seat heat.

I just purchased the heat shield and vent line kit from Bayouownbeer. That is however great to know they carry the material as I would like to do the seatback area as well from what I've been reading tonight. The steam issue worries me.

Reactions: snuffnwhisky
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
The full insulation also quitens it. The plastic piece between the seats gets hot! Without the insulation a fan will not help much. With the full insulation, I rarely use the fan unless I'm sitting running for a while.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!