20230624 062954

NiwRoC

NiwRoC

Jun 24, 2023
Tucson, Az
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
Welcome from Michigan!

At least you got the pics parts down. How about a little about yourself and the mods on the rig so far?
DOD Civilian with 35 years federal service. Hobbies are Computers, RVing and now SXS.
Had the unit for 3 weeks now and 75 miles on her. Need to order all the parts for a 100 mile service.

Mods that I finished as of last night.
Installed Front / Back windshield. No front flip outs as of yet but will continue looking due to roof.
New shifter plate with jeep boot installed. (Heat control Mod)
Heat Control Kit by DEI installed. Still damn hot last night riding in the desert.
Mirrors, Horn, Lighted License Plate installed. (Arizona Street Legal)
Winch mount installed on front bumper and winch installed but not hooked up. (Next weekend).

Upcoming mods:
10/80 pre-filter. (Very Dusty in Arizona!)
Lower door inserts
Lights for front and back. (Light bar possible)
Dome light
Storage for the cab
4 way harness

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I thought door lowers were mandatory and installed them before my first ride but I won't install them again. That Talon got stolen and I didn't install them on its replacement. I've ridden down into the 30's in mesh tennies and never got chilly. I can't imagine needing them in Arizona. The Talon is a 'hot ride' with the radiator up front. IMHO Rokblokz fender extenders keep debris from coming in the openings 'well enough'.

I'd rather eat dust than cook myself like a lobster. YMMV

Last edited:
Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Another welcome from The Great Lakes State (not to be confused with being a great state though, unless you are a commie, then you will love it here).

Good lookin' rig!!

#NTC

Soaz1000

Soaz1000

Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2018
Soaz
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wecome from S.of Tucson. Very nice looking machine you have there. I have the flip up windshield,double insulation under the seat, and a radiator fan mounted under the seat. This works pretty good till the temps hit the low 90's , but when it's been 100⁰ at 10:00 a.m. nothing works.

NiwRoC

NiwRoC

Jun 24, 2023
Tucson, Az
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
Wecome from S.of Tucson. Very nice looking machine you have there. I have the flip up windshield,double insulation under the seat, and a radiator fan mounted under the seat. This works pretty good till the temps hit the low 90's , but when it's been 100⁰ at 10:00 a.m. nothing works.
I agree, hot is hot in AZ! I'm hoping they make the flip up windshield for the 2023, something to do with the roof they put on these and haven't made of yet.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!