Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
@CumminsPusher I'm on page 24-ish of your build thread. Thinking of ordering the cree rock lights "kit" today. I'll have to go back and look, but I'd like to place the 2 in back and utilize them as back up lighting, I just can't remember how effective they were for that purpose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Work very good for flood lights. Some people like the lights to spot way far back these don't do that however have a 120deg flood so it spreads it very nicely lights up to the back tires. This was the placement on my previous.
E1e90c8d52389ea99e2f36d9394cbd6a
912abd3b26a05380c15d06fa4356c9d7They are impressive for the amount of wattage. I'd say 4 in the back is damn good. Make sure they are the 15 watt if you're not planning on anything else because the 9 just don't penetrate good enough. These come with roll bar mounts as well if that was wanted.

B

Bobsagetisgod

Jan 23, 2017
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Work very good for flood lights. Some people like the lights to spot way far back these don't do that however have a 120deg flood so it spreads it very nicely lights up to the back tires. This was the placement on my previous.
E1e90c8d52389ea99e2f36d9394cbd6a
912abd3b26a05380c15d06fa4356c9d7They are impressive for the amount of wattage. I'd say 4 in the back is damn good. Make sure they are the 15 watt if you're not planning on anything else because the 9 just don't penetrate good enough. These come with roll bar mounts as well if that was wanted.

This what I was looking at. Looks like only 9w per:

Waterproof Off Road LED Rock Light Kit - 8 LED Rock Lights | LED Light Modules | LED Accent Lighting | Super Bright LEDs

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Were the ones you used on the sides 9w?

I've got both on the sides. The uppers and rock lights are 15 the rest are 9. The 9 are significantly cheaper so you can use more though. These little lights are impressive

Last edited:
Reactions: sharp
B

Bobsagetisgod

Jan 23, 2017
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've got both on the sides. The uppers and rock lights are 15 the rest are 9. The 9 are significantly cheaper so you can use more though. These little lights are impressive

Ok, thanks for the help. I'm going to keep researching. Ordered the turn pro signal kit just because I want the rear signals integrated with the tail lights. Where I live they have a trail system between towns and then to ride in town they require turn signals, a horn, and a few other things. Turn signals aren't required on a car, hence the teaching of hand signals in drivers ed, so it doesn't make sense to me, but oh well, easy enough to install.

advertisement
iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Hey guys, just joined. Pretty active on some other truck forums, but I've been looking for a good resource of information for my pioneer. Anytime I'm google anything pioneer related, this forum pulls up, so I figured I'd join. Have a 2016 pioneer 1000-5.

Welcome from your neighbor to the west of you

Reactions: Bobsagetisgod
B

Bobsagetisgod

Jan 23, 2017
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Based on everyone's reviews of the cooper bussmann fuse/relay panels, i ordered one today.

Last edited:
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!