BOX1

New member in MI

L

Libertine1015

Jun 9, 2021
MI
Ownership

1. 700-4
Best I have at the moment, wasn’t crazy about the bronze at first but I like the deluxe options and it’s starting to grow on me lol

5E7CF4DA 9B08 484D A8D7 A2D864E73B05

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Best I have at the moment, wasn’t crazy about the bronze at first but I like the deluxe options and it’s starting to grow on me lol

View attachment 331839
Looks good man! Thanks for playing along!
Now thats out if the way…
How bout that location? 🥳

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
The 906
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Hi, new member here in SE MI. Thanks for having me aboard!

Live - Det Subs
Ride - Cadillac area
Honda Pioneer 700 Deluxe - HMF QS Pipe, Uni, Powervision 3 tuner with desk tune from DynoJet.
SE MI...., for me, is anything South of Mackinac City and East of Lake Michigan

Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from somebody who is NOT in Michigan, more like the mountains of WNC. Great looking buggy, I see in your first post that you are already working on draining the back account…
ATTA BOY!!!

Stateboy

Stateboy

Lifetime Member
Apr 5, 2021
Wolverine, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
SE MI...., for me, is anything South of Mackinac City and East of Lake Michigan
I can see that. I came from SE MI (Dearborn Heights). Now I'm 40 miles south of the bridge. I'm almost a Yooper with that much movement north BUT I know I'm still a troll (below the bridge) and not a Yooper (above the bridge). Although, @Remington calls those folks south of the bridge flatlanders. I've heard both.

NOTES FOR NON-MICHIGANDERS:

The Bridge -
The Mackinac (pronounced Mack-i-naw) Bridge, the Mighty Mac, a 5 mile suspension bridge (3 miles over water, 2 miles over land) connecting the Upper and Lower Peninsulas of Michigan in 1957. Ferries did the work prior to 1957.

Flatlander or Troll -
Those that live south of the bridge.

Yooper -
A resident of the Upper Peninsula, also known as the U.P. Don't try to spell it as U.P.er, its Yooper. Also, sometimes referred to as Cheeseheads due to their closer proximaty to Green Bay rather than Detroit. Those born and still living in the U.P. would still consider those who moved there as Flatlanders or Trolls or a Yooper wannabe. If a Yooper moves down to the Lower Peninsula, he's still a Yooper. Just listen to them talk for a minute and you'll think he's Canadian, eh.

U.P. -
Upper Peninsula

L.P. -
NOT Lower Peninsula. That's an abbreviation for Liquid Propane. The Lower Peninsula is the Lower Peninsula. We don't have a slang abbreviation for us down here like the Yoopers. They're cooler than us. Everyone down here wants to go there but only the diehards make it their home.

Mackinaw -
English spelling. Mackinaw City is the ONLY time this spelling is used.

Mackinac -
French spelling.

Obviously, I'm not the only one from Michigan here so there may be some corrections and/or additions to this short list. And such is this forum where forum threads sometimes unwind into topics never intended. I guess this post would fall into that category.

S

Surveyor

Lifetime Member
May 13, 2019
Auburn, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from the Saginaw Bay area.
I went to MI Tech and when folks up there said they had never been below the bridge it didn't always mean the Big Mac. Some of those wood ticks had never been across the the lift bridge that separates Houghton from the Keweenaw Peninsula. I love the 906. With any luck my oldest will be an MTU freshman in a little over a year.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
The 906
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
.......Some of those wood ticks had never been across the the lift bridge that separates Houghton from the Keweenaw Peninsula......

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
I haven't heard that term used for a while.

Speaking of ticks, folks are finding them on their dogs already UP here, mainly on the West end. WTF....the snow just melted!

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I haven't heard that term used for a while.

Speaking of ticks, folks are finding them on their dogs already UP here, mainly on the West end. WTF....the snow just melted!

That's what we always called the firewood boys ie... the ones that make a living off cutting and selling firewood.

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
folks south of the bridge flatlanders.
My cousin, who grew up In Hillman and is a sheriff lets say north of the TC area
(those of you in Reo Linda that's Traverse City)
Calls us law abiding folks in the Northern lower Cedar Savages and the non Law abiding folks in the northern lower Ridge Runners 🤣

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!