Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Been reading the forum for the last 2 week. I sold my four wheeler a few weeks ago kind of unexpectedly. Friend needed one and I had been thinking about a sxs. Gave him a price and he showed up with the money an hour later... Hopped up Grizzly 660.

Had my first test ride today in the 1000-5 Deluxe. Didn't get to drive it much, just down a back road and back. Definitely different with the tranny. Pretty aggressive up and down shifting in auto. Didn't try manual. It was quiet and smooth. Think the alignment was off and tires might have been low. Pretty soft riding and a little darty. Quite a bit of body roll. I have read about the factory 4 ply tires sucking. Still kind of on the fence but there isn't much out there that fits what I need. The new General looks awesome but I need to fit 3 people and the 4 seaters are just to long plus the quality issues. I believe the Honda with tires and some suspension work would be ideal work and play. Didn't seem to have the power I expected though and doesn't look like there is much aftermarket support for it. I've got a drag car and Ducati Superbike so I'm probably over critical on the power. Really wish they would release the 2017 info. But I need to get something soon. Anyone around Cullman, AL?

Reactions: Stauvo and joeymt33
B

BULLDOG6

Jun 15, 2015
Ownership

1. Big Red
Been reading the forum for the last 2 week. I sold my four wheeler a few weeks ago kind of unexpectedly. Friend needed one and I had been thinking about a sxs. Gave him a price and he showed up with the money an hour later... Hopped up Grizzly 660.

Had my first test ride today in the 1000-5 Deluxe. Didn't get to drive it much, just down a back road and back. Definitely different with the tranny. Pretty aggressive up and down shifting in auto. Didn't try manual. It was quiet and smooth. Think the alignment was off and tires might have been low. Pretty soft riding and a little darty. Quite a bit of body roll. I have read about the factory 4 ply tires sucking. Still kind of on the fence but there isn't much out there that fits what I need. The new General looks awesome but I need to fit 3 people and the 4 seaters are just to long plus the quality issues. I believe the Honda with tires and some suspension work would be ideal work and play. Didn't seem to have the power I expected though and doesn't look like there is much aftermarket support for it. I've got a drag car and Ducati Superbike so I'm probably over critical on the power. Really wish they would release the 2017 info. But I need to get something soon. Anyone around Cullman, AL?
Welcome, I'm from Sand Mountain, not to far from you. I go to Stoney Lonesome now and then. Good luck on whatever you purchase and happy riding!

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Welcome to the club. The p1k takes some getting use to, but it does sound like something your looking for with the shorter wheel base and also has five seats. Good luck. I'm near Nashville if you want to test mine out. Stoney lonesome is pretty cool, I went there for a rock bouncer event.

Reactions: joeymt33
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Thanks guys. What do you think about the standard vs deluxe? I would be changing wheels/tires & adding lights and it looks like the body panels are a little over $300. About $1,000 difference between the two. Any other differences beside, wheels, headlights and body panels?

Upstatefreedom

Upstatefreedom

May 25, 2016
Colton,New york
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thanks guys. What do you think about the standard vs deluxe? I would be changing wheels/tires & adding lights and it looks like the body panels are a little over $300. About $1,000 difference between the two. Any other differences beside, wheels, headlights and body panels?
Delux gets you power steering, optional manual shift and sport mode. I would definitely spring for the delux. My P1K3 has all that except for the led lights and aluminum wheels. Had a Polaris sxs before this. Gotta say, I love this thing 100 times more.

Reactions: BULLDOG6 and sharp
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Delux gets you power steering, optional manual shift and sport mode. I would definitely spring for the delux. My P1K3 has all that except for the led lights and aluminum wheels. Had a Polaris sxs before this. Gotta say, I love this thing 100 times more.

Don't think I mentioned but I would be getting the 5 seater. Is that still applicable?

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Don't think I mentioned but I would be getting the 5 seater. Is that still applicable?

you also get the auto leveling shocks on the rear, the difference is well worth it just money wise for the lights and shocks, you get 14' tires which might be a bit easier to sell and you don't have to do the work. Its not a Ducati or a drag bike but its dang quick and pretty sporty considering what it is and what its designed to do.

I'm in Chelsea but waiting on the 17' 1000-5D there are rumors it has a few features that I want, but just rumors could be total internet BS. I'm waiting either way till early spring.

Reactions: sharp
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
you also get the auto leveling shocks on the rear, the difference is well worth it just money wise for the lights and shocks, you get 14' tires which might be a bit easier to sell and you don't have to do the work. Its not a Ducati or a drag bike but its dang quick and pretty sporty considering what it is and what its designed to do.

I'm in Chelsea but waiting on the 17' 1000-5D there are rumors it has a few features that I want, but just rumors could be total internet BS. I'm waiting either way till early spring.

Yea, sucks they haven't released the 17' yet. Would like to wait until but don't have clue when it will be. From reading, sounds like another month or 2 to release info. Any idea when they start shipping afterwards? Guessing since the 500 & 700 is out and not the 1000 they are making changes or still trying to move old inventory.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

I'm in Guntersville, come take her for a test drive! They are a lot different after break in. They get smoother and quieter.

Also, we have a group that rides about every other week just north of here about an hour.

Bull Run ride

Lots of great pics and vids near the middle thru the end of that thread.

SIGNATURE:

Quote by DrFubar: joeymt33, this could be your next signature: "I should be more understanding. I should know by now that a little hill to me probably is a big hill to you.;)"

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Welcome, I'm from Sand Mountain, not to far from you. I go to Stoney Lonesome now and then. Good luck on whatever you purchase and happy riding!

What's up BULLDOG? I had no idea you were so close. I used to live in Albertville but I'm now in Guntersville. You should come ride the bull with @Delton, @drfubar, and me sometime.

Bdb8c6f14b30d155c382163849929701

SIGNATURE:

Quote by DrFubar: joeymt33, this could be your next signature: "I should be more understanding. I should know by now that a little hill to me probably is a big hill to you.;)"

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Here's the options breakdown. The 1000-5 base gets everything except LED lights and color panels.
A1861e7c861c3e7d02d84650c705602f

SIGNATURE:

Reactions: ohanacreek
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I'm in Guntersville, come take her for a test drive! They are a lot different after break in. They get smoother and quieter.

Also, we have a group that rides about every other week just north of here about an hour.

Bull Run ride

Lots of great pics and vids near the middle thru the end of that thread.

SIGNATURE:

I'm right at baileyton off 69. About 15 min to Arab and probably about 30-40 min to guntersville. Might hit u up. Would like to drive one without a salesman sitting beside u driving down a down town city street...lol

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I'm right at baileyton off 69. About 15 min to Arab and probably about 30-40 min to guntersville. Might hit u up. Would like to drive one without a salesman sitting beside u driving down a down town city street...lol

No problem man. I've got several miles of trails at the house. You can run 60mph, hill climb, off camber, bumpy, etc.

Better come test it out before they release the 2017 or I may be the "salesman sitting next to you".

SIGNATURE:

Reactions: ohanacreek
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
No problem man. I've got several miles of trails at the house. You can run 60mph, hill climb, off camber, bumpy, etc.

Better come test it out before they release the 2017 or I may be the "salesman sitting next to you".

SIGNATURE:

10-4 . Would like a real test ride. Let me know a good time to come by. Going to harasse a few dealers tomorrow. Not worried so much about problems but want to make the right decision. Got a bunch of experience in fab, electrical and mechanical. Got a tig, mig, tube benders, roll bender, lathe & mill.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I don't have a "normal" work schedule. Just found out a couple hours ago that I'll be working in west AL tomorrow so I'll actually be driving thru your home town. I won't have the pioneer with me though.

I should be home Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

SIGNATURE:

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
10-4 pm sent

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
What's up BULLDOG? I had no idea you were so close. I used to live in Albertville but I'm now in Guntersville. You should come ride the bull with @Delton, @drfubar, and me sometime.

View attachment 22597

SIGNATURE:

Great picture of Marshall.

Reactions: joeymt33
B

BULLDOG6

Jun 15, 2015
Ownership

1. Big Red
T

View attachment 22597

SIGNATURE:

Thank you. Hope I can one day

Reactions: sharp and drfubar

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!