P700m4 New member with a new machine from Colpoys Bay

pauln286

pauln286

Mar 29, 2017
Georgian Bluffs, Ontario, Ca.
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have enjoyed reading the forums. There are some very creative folks out there to say the least. This is my first machine and I could use some guidance and advise. The roads and trails open up for ATV use on May 1st so I have a bit of time to get prepared. The Bruce Peninsula has just about every trail condition imaginable.

What do I absolutely need to add to the machine to prevent damaging it? After that what should I add for safety and enjoyment. And tool/emergency kit recomendations.

With that said, maybe it's just me, but storage space on the 700 seems a bit lacking. With 4 seats up toting a spare tire will be a challenge.

Hopefully there are some Ontario Canada friends out there so we can hook up for a ride.

Paul

USMCsilver

USMCsilver

Mar 15, 2017
US
Ownership

1. 700-4
Welcome!

Spare tire and Roto can mounted on rear of gate will help save some space.

When I take mine on camping excursions, I plan on using an angled hitch hauler.

Sent via TapaTalk on S7 Edge.

Ems-Cam

Ems-Cam

Lifetime Member
May 22, 2016
Alberta
Ownership

1. 700-4
Welcome from Alberta. I built a custom rack for mine that mounts the spare, a jack, shovel, bar, tire iron and small inflator on the back rack. It attaches with clamps to the ROPS so no holes or welding to compromise the integrity. Plus its on bullet hinges so I can lift the whole thing off in a moment to use the dump and box.
I would consider a winch, something to keep mud down so mud busters or build something. Are you riding on lots of rocks and such? Mud? I have not been out in on
Screen Shot 2017 03 31 at 70130 AM

pauln286

pauln286

Mar 29, 2017
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thank you for the welcomes and advise.
EC that rack is so what I am looking for. It looks like you used 1" square tubing. Is that right?

Ems-Cam

Ems-Cam

Lifetime Member
May 22, 2016
Alberta
Ownership

1. 700-4
Exactly, 1" square tubing, ROPS clamps 1.75" with a rubber inner tube to make up the slight space as the ROPS is 1.675".

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Welcome Paul. Like the camo.I recommend a roof and a windshield.A bed extender gives you a lot of extra space.as well as over head bags and under hood storage container. Some guys have put ammo boxes under the front seats.And if you ride far from home by yourself I recommend tools,compressor and spare tire.But as you go you will have it all and figure things out. Good luck to you and post your ride pics

pauln286

pauln286

Mar 29, 2017
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hi swsbek

I hear you about the roof and windshield. It's a tad frosty up our way and I had to break out the Arctic gear to stay warm in the woods.
I kind of like the idea of the fabric roof and flip up windshield. Right now I would like the bed extender and the liner as well, but the prices here in Canada for accessories let alone the machine make you look for other options. It just may be time to plan a short trip across the boarder.

I have the flat repair kit and jack and compressor. I know for sure that a spare tire is a need. I want to protect the fragile A arms and looking under the unit I see that there is a skid plate covering the entire length of the UTV. Am I missing something? I see all these postings ads etc. for skid plates. It's rocky here. Oh and wet, muddy, sandy, swampy, pavement, gravel we have it all.

Thanks for the advise. It sure does help.

Ems-Cam

Ems-Cam

Lifetime Member
May 22, 2016
Alberta
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hey EC if you get a flat on the RR don't blame the trail!
Its all part of the adventure. I just like to be prepared.
As for skid plates, the US pricing is out of site for us. I was looking at 1200 for a plate so I made one from 1/2 puckboard. Spent 150 per sheet and used just over 1 sheet. I plan to use the rest to build a-arm guards. I used the basic design of the SSS skid plate.

Reactions: swsebek
M

Mitch99

Mar 31, 2017
Barrie
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have enjoyed reading the forums. There are some very creative folks out there to say the least. This is my first machine and I could use some guidance and advise. The roads and trails open up for ATV use on May 1st so I have a bit of time to get prepared. The Bruce Peninsula has just about every trail condition imaginable.

What do I absolutely need to add to the machine to prevent damaging it? After that what should I add for safety and enjoyment. And tool/emergency kit recomendations.

With that said, maybe it's just me, but storage space on the 700 seems a bit lacking. With 4 seats up toting a spare tire will be a challenge.

Hopefully there are some Ontario Canada friends out there so we can hook up for a ride.

Paul
Flesherton bud

M

Mitch99

Mar 31, 2017
Barrie
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Paul
Just picked up mine from Dan in saublè. Only used it to finish off our sap run so far

pauln286

pauln286

Mar 29, 2017
Ownership

1. 700-4
Congrats Mitch. That 1000 is a really nice rig. How are the trails down your way? With the roads in Grey opening in May travelling between the trail networks will be a breeze.

WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning

My check koozie light, keeps coming on
Lifetime Member
Feb 19, 2017
Magnolia Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Welcome and congrats

happy trails

Canuck1000

Canuck1000

Aug 3, 2018
Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just bought 2018 1000 from Hanover Honda and live near Chesley so we are close. Did a 100 km ride over to the Bruce rail trail Saturday, wife and kids in the Pioneer and I took my new Rubicon that I bought last month.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!