Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don’t think those Chuckleheads can even own a handgun in that country. No thanks!!
Chuckleheads? Haha. Yes you can own a handgun here. A restricted firearms license is needed and it can only be carried to a shooting range and then back home.

• Sad
Reactions: CID
Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Chuckleheads? Haha. Yes you can own a handgun here. A restricted firearms license is needed and it can only be carried to a shooting range and then back home.
No offense meant, Brother. That was describing the guberment.

Cheers…

ACfixer

ACfixer

Global Warming Enthusiast
Lifetime Member
Jan 22, 2021
N/E Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You're correct. Canada customs is dead serious about handguns. They go on high alert when someone with a Texas license plate pulls up to their entry station. I guess they think all Texans are armed cowboys. They'll ask you three or four times in different ways if you're carrying a handgun to see if they can see a tell in your face.

Thirty years ago my wife and I, pulling a travel trailer, entered British Columbia. I was carrying a small semi-automatic handgun but stopped in Bellingham, WA and checked the gun in with a local hardware store to keep for safekeeping for a few days. The hardware store would not accept the magazine or rounds.

So when I pulled up to the customs entry and was asked, I replied honestly - "I was carrying a handgun but checked it with Xxxxx Hardware in Bellingham." "Here's the receipt." "But the hardware store wouldn't accept the magazine so it's in a drawer in the trailer."

The Canada customs agent was suddenly angry and tight-jawed. He ordered us to pull over to the inspection lane and get out of the truck. Two agents made us sit on a curb while they carefully searched the entire truck and trailer. When they found only the magazine they let us proceed without further trouble.

But I've been back many times including the Trans-Canada motorcycle ride and never had any problems. canada is a beautiful place and worth seeing. Just don't carry a gun!

Funny you'd bring that up... Was up in the PNW years back on the Heritage and I stopped in Bellingham at Grizzly Woodworking to check out the showroom and I was talking tools and bikes with the GM. He mentioned to me to be careful if I was carrying if I were to go into Canada and offered to store my pistol for me in his locked desk. We just didn't go there, crossed over at Anacortes and rode back through Whidbey Island and ferried to Port Townsend. Did a bit of the peninsula and crossed back at Edmonds.

I've been to Canada several times, the last time they sent me to secondary and hassled the hell out of me at Blaine about a vandalism charge I had when I was 17, charge... dropped, not conviction. Two hours delay and they wanted me to pay $200 CAD for a waiver. Middle finger. I told them I was coming to Vancouver to visit a friend and spend a few bucks, but I wasn't going to spend it at the guard shack. Coming back in, US Customs hassled me again and searched the rental car.

Canada was an awesome country when I was a kid, it sucks now. I feel sorry for the good residents that didn't vote for Blackface.

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I don’t think those Chuckleheads can even own a handgun in that country. No thanks!!
One of our political parties will confiscate our guns - handguns and long guns - if we allow them to grab and hold power. A good 1/3 of our adult population votes for them and many (most?) Gen Z's don't care.

Our future is very uncertain. Precarious!

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
One of our political parties will confiscate our guns - handguns and long guns - if we allow them to grab and hold power. A good 1/3 of our adult population votes for them and many (most?) Gen Z's don't care.

Our future is very uncertain. Precarious!
Agree 100% @HBarlow.

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
It’s the same for Canadians trying to cross into US.
I have no doubt. US Customs has been rude to me several times as well.

My much-loved female German Shepherd and I drove to Alaska pulling a travel trailer in about 2003. When we reentered the US from Alberta, Canada at a small rural checkpoint somewhere in North Dakota US Customs searched the trailer including removing everything in the small refrigerator freezer. The agent made me throw away some kind of packaged meat I carried for feeding "Gertrude."

ACfixer

ACfixer

Global Warming Enthusiast
Lifetime Member
Jan 22, 2021
N/E Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have no doubt. US Customs has been rude to me several times as well.

I guess it's every country. When I went to France, the French and Swiss agents were complete jackasses as well. When I came back into the country at LAX some Mustafa-looking US Customs guy treated us all like dirt.

Reactions: HBarlow
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5