New need Roof/Windshield/Doors advice

G

gsquared

Mar 21, 2021
idaho
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Looking to buy
Hello all! I'm new here, got a 22 P1000-5 on order, the basic edition in red. Super excited. Want to get Factory hard fron doors, soft factory rear doors, Super atv front flip up windshield, super atv rear flip up windshield, and a low profile roof like the Tusk or Kolpin. I cannot use factory roof due to height restrictions in my trailer, and want a hard roof of some kind. Any suggestions or advice, will my plan work? Is there another roof option anyone would recomend or recomend against for the combo described. Thank you all in advance, look forward to posting pictures and description of how it all goes once I get it all and installed.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Welcome from Michigan.
good move on your part on the pics ;)

Also might mention as one of our Dealer techs says, you really never ordered a sxs, your just on a dealers list and in not particular order no matter what they say. So as we have suggested to make some calls to dealers and be willing to take a rod trip or u will be waiting a long time.

As for your hard doors and differnt top. The best combo for that would be the Super ATV hard doors and low profile top. @SuperATV can help u with that. You can try the search up top to see what others have done. But with the factory hard doors, i think u have to mate them with the factory roof or you wont seal well, i could be wrong? Wont be the first time lol.
One thing u can try is to lower your tire pressure to get the rig in the trailer. Many have done that with success.

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome. Hope you get one sooner than later. In the meantime here's a good read that might help you with that height restriction. 😆

G

gsquared

Mar 21, 2021
idaho
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Looking to buy
Welcome from Michigan.
good move on your part on the pics ;)

Also might mention as one of our Dealer techs says, you really never ordered a sxs, your just on a dealers list and in not particular order no matter what they say. So as we have suggested to make some calls to dealers and be willing to take a rod trip or u will be waiting a long time.

As for your hard doors and differnt top. The best combo for that would be the Super ATV hard doors and low profile top. @SuperATV can help u with that. You can try the search up top to see what others have done. But with the factory hard doors, i think u have to mate them with the factory roof or you wont seal well, i could be wrong? Wont be the first time lol.
One thing u can try is to lower your tire pressure to get the rig in the trailer. Many have done that with success.
Thank you for the suggestions. I actually found a dealer that had one left in stock and was willing to ship. I'll post the name of the dealership once they deliver and all goes well. I Seen the Super atv hard doors, but I really want a door that has a roll down option. As for the tire pressure, I would rather deal with a little gap in the roof/door than have to air down and up every time I load. However, I'm sure this may be common knowledge to some, does anyone know what height is with factory hardtop on factory 22 1000-5? I have 79 inches.

G

gsquared

Mar 21, 2021
idaho
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Looking to buy
Welcome. Hope you get one sooner than later. In the meantime here's a good read that might help you with that height restriction. 😆

OH my! Thats one way to do it!

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Anyone run into any problems with the Tusk on a 2022? Looks like they recommend it for 16-20, any changes in 21 that would prevent use?
21 is the same as the previous years with minor tweeks. Its the 22’ your worried about. Alot of changes there. Again, try searching roofs for 22’ P1k5’s and see what that gets. Or contact Tusk directly

advertisement
ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
My 22 1000-3 D is 76” - 76 3/4”depending on rear shock preload. Measured at the side flange at rear of rops. Stock tires at 15psi measure 26.5
Garage openings are 81”. This leaves me with roughly 4” for roof and future taller tires

Last edited:
Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
Welcome to the club!

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!