BOX1

P1000 New owner, Concerned about shuttering!

Byrd

Byrd

Feb 20, 2017
Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm new to the form and just bought pioneer 1000 Friday and I'm concerned about the shutter going up hills or when ever i get into a slight bind should I be?

Last edited by a moderator:
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I'm new to the form and I know this has nothing to do with error codes bought pioneer 1000 Friday and I'm concerned about the shutter going up hills or when ever i get into a slight bind should I be?
On trails run in low range, high range is for cruising dirt roads, keep your speed up in low 4 mph if its safe to do so, it will keep your clutches from getting involved. Reverse is where you have to be careful, reverse is always in high range. So backing up a steep hill for very long in reverse will damage your # 1 clutch

Byrd

Byrd

Feb 20, 2017
Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
On trails run in low range, high range is for cruising dirt roads, keep your speed up in low 4 mph if its safe to do so, it will keep your clutches from getting involved. Reverse is where you have to be careful, reverse is always in high range. So backing up a steep hill for very long in reverse will damage your # 1 clutch
Yea that's what I read about reverse which isn't a problem.took it to a small Creek Saturday and pull off into it stopped put in low 2wd and started to move and it shuttered bad until I got moving faster is that normal?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Yea that's what I read about reverse which isn't a problem.took it to a small Creek Saturday and pull off into it stopped put in low 2wd and started to move and it shuttered bad until I got moving faster is that normal?
Yep, just pick your spots, that you want to shift into reverse, flat is better.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Will the shutter get better over time? Should I be scared of running bigger tires?
I chose a plastic skid plate to slide over rocks, due to the gearing issues with larger tires, but what do I know? You want to talk to my wife of 36 years tomorrow, she will tell you I don't know poop! Wouldn't have it any other way!

Reactions: Stauvo
Byrd

Byrd

Feb 20, 2017
Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I chose a plastic skid plate to slide over rocks, due to the gearing issues with larger tires, but what do I know? You want to talk to my wife of 36 years tomorrow, she will tell you I don't know poop! Wouldn't have it any other way!
Lol that's a good idea.We ride in alot of mud in Alabama I'm going to put mud tires on going as light as I can and I'll always put in low I guess I'm just concerned about wearing clothes out on something so new

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Lol that's a good idea.We ride in alot of mud in Alabama I'm going to put mud tires on going as light as I can and I'll always put in low I guess I'm just concerned about wearing clothes out on something so new
You have new clothes?

Byrd

Byrd

Feb 20, 2017
Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Where y'all ride?

I picked my 1000 up Friday as well going to follow break in. Then I'll be up for a ride.
Awesome got some land around here we ride but we go to boggs and Boulders pretty often and another place in Troy called heart of Dixie.have u ever been to boggs?

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No Boggs is @3hrs for me, that's more driving than riding. Troy is only about 2hrs, looks like it's only open occasionally for ATVs?

Have a little land here to but not a lot, but The Ridge in Springville is probably the best I've been to within 2hrs, of me. Kentuck is limited to 50", TopTrails direly needs maintenance and facilities, Stoney is basically dusty dirt roads to rock bouncing. Minooka is small and in Jemison, never been there though.

Byrd

Byrd

Feb 20, 2017
Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No Boggs is @3hrs for me, that's more driving than riding. Troy is only about 2hrs, looks like it's only open occasionally for ATVs?

Have a little land here to but not a lot, but The Ridge in Springville is probably the best I've been to within 2hrs, of me. Kentuck is limited to 50", TopTrails direly needs maintenance and facilities, Stoney is basically dusty dirt roads to rock bouncing. Minooka is small and in Jemison, never been there though.
Yeah they ride horses in Troy but open like you said for ATVs once a month.boggs is a very good park has it all but more mud than anything we go 3 times a year never gets old can't ride it all in a weekend.we leave on Friday morning and stay till Sunday morning works out great you should think about it they have places to stay and a restrant

Reactions: ohanacreek
Byrd

Byrd

Feb 20, 2017
Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah they ride horses in Troy but open like you said for ATVs once a month.boggs is a very good park has it all but more mud than anything we go 3 times a year never gets old can't ride it all in a weekend.we leave on Friday morning and stay till Sunday morning works out great you should think about it they have places to stay and a restrant
Sorry restaurant

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Maybe. Need to get it broken in first before I push it too hard.

Just got it finished tonight. I've got a few punch list items to check off first. Make sure everything is working and working right.

Byrd

Byrd

Feb 20, 2017
Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Maybe. Need to get it broken in first before I push it too hard.

Just got it finished tonight. I've got a few punch list items to check off first. Make sure everything is working and working right.
That's right got 50miles on mine so far about to start ordering everything off my list.having a baby soon so no big rush for me got a big ride planned first weekend of may to go to boggs to really see what it will do.

Reactions: JTW and ohanacreek
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!