New P4 w/ ITP wheels

B

bp299

Sep 21, 2013
Thought I'd share a pic of my P4 w/ a couple of add-ons.
I couldn't stand the look of the steelies, but liked the turning radius of the stock tires, so just swapped for some 12" ITP rims.
Fronts are a 1/2 inch wider, 1/2 narrower.

IMG 6784 zpsf2928964
IMG 6783 zps19f055f7
Added the soft top and full windshield but the dust is brutal, so I think I'll try the half shield
Also have the slip in bedliner for the Horsesh*t hauling.
Next up, the bed extender so the soft pack can go when the kids do.

Anyone have a loose/knock sound in their front end?
I can hear at slow speed braking and when parked by rocking it side to side.
Not in steering, almost sounds like shock bind?
Had it before the wheel change.

greenatv

greenatv

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2013
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nice looking rims. I like the fact that you stuck with the oem tires. What offset did you get? I know you said 1/2 more, but i do not know whatb the factory off set is.

fishin2Dmax

fishin2Dmax

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2013
Utah
It's amazing how much better the ITP's look over the stock steel rims! I too have had a strange sound at low speed and have had it back to the dealer. They heard it, but claim they hear the same thing on the other Pioneers and really don't know the exact cause of the noise. It drives me a bit nuts....sounds like drive line slack or something loose in the drive train? It's possible, the noise could in the suspension, but why only at low speed? I too am curious as to what model your ITP rims are and what offset they have ? The beauty of what you did is keep the cost down, while retaining the stock turning radius / suspension geometry and greatly enhancing the look. My only fear is the stock tires are just 4 ply and it won't take much for a sharp rock or stick to puncture a tire. I'm sitting on the fence trying to decide to stay with stock 25" or go with 6 ply radial Maxxis 26" tires and 14" rims?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
They look like ss212 wheels. Which are 12x7 with a 5+2 offset.

They do look nice.

Fishin. I would not go with a 14 wheel. I had 14's and just took them off because they pinched too much on hard rocky trails. Cut the tire in 3 places. I been meaning to write a post but never got around to it. They do look good. Just not enough side wall to catch the rebound. But if you are a slowdryrider then you may be ok with 14's.

I'll try to get my 12 vs 14 post up over the holiday.

fishin2Dmax

fishin2Dmax

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2013
Utah
Hondasxs, Thanks for the heads-up on the 14" rims. That really helps me decide. I have a local loyalty to RockyMountainATV.com warehouse (the largest online ATV/UTV accessories wholesaler) and was about to pull the trigger on a really good deal for 14" Moto rims and Maxxis Bighorn tires. I'm going to now explore what is available in 12" wheels and 25" or 26" 6 ply radial tires.

wyo700

wyo700

Lifetime Member
Sep 26, 2013
Looks great with the new wheels.

I know what knocking sound you are talking about. And from what I can tell I think it is coming from the parking brake. I think that when the rear brake heats up the brake pads will grab and make the cable chatter. I have noticed that mine will not do it so bad when I first start riding but then after I apply the brakes more and more it will get worse. I loosened up my cable with the adjustment by the rear caliper and it still does it but not nearly as bad. Kinda how I figured out where it is coming from. Not sure what the fix is for. I would imagine after enough complaints there will be a recall maybe.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine used to have a driveline noise when braking, I have about 150 hours on it now and it only makes it occasionally on a hard brake going steep downhill.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
@fishin, I had the m17 moto rims. Loved them. I will be ordering those again but in 12" sometime soon and 27 inch dirt commanders as those tend to run small.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!