P500 New P500 Got Home

Hib

Hib

Lifetime Member
Jan 1, 2021
Far N.E. Iowa
Ownership

1. 500
So I've been lurking around here for couple months trying to gather as much info as possible before the P500 arrived. The more I read the more my head spins. Thanks! My first issue is wiring winch. I mounted a KFI winch and mount but #1 where is the contactor best mounted so not to interfere with any future upgrades? And #2 the kit came with handle bar mount for atv. Is there any reason I couldn't cut this off and wire to a rocker switch? I do have a panel coming to replace warning label and some 4 ga jumpers to run to battery. IMG 1533

Last edited:
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
There's a spot on the upper frame, passenger side, under the hood for the solenoid. May interfere with a glove box added down the road though. Somewhat high and dry is all that's really important. You should be able to wire in any switch you want.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Welcome, mount to frame as @trigger memtioned. Use zip ties incase you want to move it. Drivers side needs to be open when you add power steering. Trust me, its worth it. If running 4 ga, consider a waterproof switched circuit breaker near the battery.
.39C85DAF 3220 489D B351 1C2A0B0C35D0

Hib

Hib

Lifetime Member
Jan 1, 2021
Far N.E. Iowa
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome, mount to frame as @trigger memtioned. Use zip ties incase you want to move it. Drivers side needs to be open when you add power steering. Trust me, its worth it. If running 4 ga, consider a waterproof switched circuit breaker near the battery.
.View attachment 260379
So this breaker would only be on positive line but what amps would be advisable?

Reactions: J80
hallic

hallic

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2019
Central MN
Ownership

1. 500
Depends on the winch installed. Some only draw 150-200 amps, some are 300+. Myself, I went with a 300 amp breaker, and big-arsed wires.

Hib

Hib

Lifetime Member
Jan 1, 2021
Far N.E. Iowa
Ownership

1. 500
There's a spot on the upper frame, passenger side, under the hood for the solenoid. May interfere with a glove box added down the road though. Somewhat high and dry is all that's really important. You should be able to wire in any switch you want.
I read somewhere that you have aux. battery under seat in parallel with main battery. So do you have power to winch and what not just coming off aux?

Reactions: J80 and trigger
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I read somewhere that you have aux. battery under seat in parallel with main battery. So do you have power to winch and what not just coming off aux?

Doesn't matter which one it comes off of when you're in parallel, the batteries are as one. But yes I have the winch wired to the second battery under the seat, mainly because it was a shorter wire run. Everything else is powered off of a BlueSea 250 amp bus bar.

LilRedDonkey

LilRedDonkey

Feb 25, 2021
cheesyland
Ownership

1. 500
So I've been lurking around here for couple months trying to gather as much info as possible before the P500 arrived. The more I read the more my head spins. Thanks! My first issue is wiring winch. I mounted a KFI winch and mount but #1 where is the contactor best mounted so not to interfere with any future upgrades? And #2 the kit came with handle bar mount for atv. Is there any reason I couldn't cut this off and wire to a rocker switch? I do have a panel coming to replace warning label and some 4 ga jumpers to run to battery.View attachment 260364
across the border here. i have to ask, did you find yours in iowa, and how long did you have to wait. thanks.

Hib

Hib

Lifetime Member
Jan 1, 2021
Far N.E. Iowa
Ownership

1. 500
across the border here. i have to ask, did you find yours in iowa, and how long did you have to wait. thanks.
Yes, Iowa. Been waiting for 7-8 months for a 500 new or used. Had a line on a 2020 with only 800 miles on it then I found a 2021 listed and I jumped on it.Told dealer I would be there in 4 hours. 3 people standing in line behind me after I got there. Paid msrp of coarse. Davenport IA.

LilRedDonkey

LilRedDonkey

Feb 25, 2021
cheesyland
Ownership

1. 500
Yes, Iowa. Been waiting for 7-8 months for a 500 new or used. Had a line on a 2020 with only 800 miles on it then I found a 2021 listed and I jumped on it.Told dealer I would be there in 4 hours. 3 people standing in line behind me after I got there. Paid msrp of coarse. Davenport IA.
thanks, good catch. mine was to be here in march, now they say april. hope they are right!

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!