P500 New P500 what should I get first?

Z

zxylene

Nov 28, 2015
Carlisle, PA
I got a Pioneer 500 on Black friday and picked up the next morning I wish I would have thought of the tires but didn't so I have the factory tires and will likely keep them until they are worn now. What I want to know is I have limited amount of money like most of us and would like to get the following items but what is the most important what should I get first. I do go muddin and pretty heavy duty off roading I don't drag over rocks much but sometimes do. I drive my atv in all weather and will likly do the same with the P500.

What I already have is
1. Roof - moose roof
2. Light- Amazon 20" light bar and 2 12" light bars one for front and reverse
3. Wiring - 4 ga amp kit to add battery up front later if I choose and winch quick connect with enough extra for rear quick connect.
I also have a 80 amp battery separator that I will use to switch off main power up front until I get a second battery this will control all power to my fuse block
4. $2.40 2 gal can from Walmart for under seat storage.
5. Sound / Music - Beats Pill and Auvio 20Watt Bluetooth speaker (need to mount one of these especially the Auvio)
6. Snorkel - Pipes and plan to do snorkel
7. Dome light - touch led dome light
8. USB charge and voltage - Voltage and outside temp gauge with usb ports
9. Plow - I already have a 60" tusk plow for my foreman that someday will make a metal plate to mount my push bar plate to.
10. Light strips - I do have some awesome LED light strips that I might do something with someday. I bought them used for around $15 but they were new.

Want
1. winch superwinch terra 4.5 (this is a must and will likely be next but I think I want hitch mount so I can move it front or rear)
2. Front bumper Strong Made at this point
3. New tires (I'm thinking after these are worn)
4. windshield plus cab enclosure
5. skid plate
6. rear bumper
7. side doors (after cab enclosure but I want something other than fabric)
8. heater (after enclosure)
9. A- arm protection

Am I missing anything?

Last edited:
Reactions: 500oneer
500oneer

500oneer

15,000 mile club
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500
A Windshield will make it a lot warmer especially if you are going slow. I ride mine everyday and unless it's a super cold wind it's nice. A lot of heat makes it up though the seat belt holes. Good luck muding with stock tires!

Z

zxylene

Nov 28, 2015
Carlisle, PA
I can hold off on the muddin a bit as I still have the foreman I thought about swapping the tires from my foreman over I have 26x9-12 Maxxis Zillas on the front and 26x12-11 Super Swamper vampires on the back. I suppose they would work on the P500. Are those 11 inch rims on the back? The Zillas are awesome. The tread lasts for ever on both of them but the vampires have a few sidewall patches not by me but from whom ever I bought them from.

William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
26" tires are the best thing I have done to my p500. Next would be cab enclosure/ windshield if it's cold a lot where you. I don't need a winch as I don't have many rocks or dangerous terrain. The p5 is light so if I get stuck in mud I just push the gas with a stick and push it back out. I do it a lot! Definately skid plates and a arm guards at the top of the list too...

H

hoggr9

Sep 10, 2014
Xenia, IL
Ownership

1. 500
I did tires and wheels..wheels were a trade so no cah..26in Maxxis Ceros radials.
very happy with them I trail ride mostly but have been in some mub and had no prob.
in process of winch onstall now on strongmade bumper.
I also have the windshiel, top, rear panel and doors...have ridden pretty cold temps and not needed a heater if u dress for temps... light bars are next

Z

zxylene

Nov 28, 2015
Carlisle, PA
I sent a message to alumilite armor that make the glass windshield and aluminum enclosure they are working on doors for the Honda p500.

"Yes eventually I am planning on making full suicide doors. I am so busy right now filling existing orders that I just have not had the time to get the doors fine tuned and made up where I feel good about putting my name on them. Best guess would be a couple months before I will have them ready. Troy"

More about some of their stuff

"The directional roof vents open upward 2" to 4" into the wind when moving forward. " he sent some pics of the vents and roof rack. "They also lock down tight or can be removed by releasing the latch and sliding off of the roll pin hinge. "

The tip out windshield has "2 latches, T metal extrusion frame material, 5/8 bulb seal that goes all the way around the frame, custom hinges. " "The glass is removable by removing the (2) 5/16 shoulder bolts used as hinge pins and lifting the latch release on both latches,"

Reactions: JACKAL
Z

zxylene

Nov 28, 2015
Carlisle, PA
I like the idea of pushing gas with stick. I will start to carry a bamboo pole for this. I plan to put my tires from my atv on my sxs . Last night I ordered the strong made bumper as I will need that before the winch so I can also plan a hitch mount on it. Next will be the winch once it goes back down to the price it was when I bought the sxs about $50 cheaper. Next will be the enclosure from alumilite armor especially if they have doors then.

advertisement
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I have 26" maxxis Ceros as well bad ass tires

Z

zxylene

Nov 28, 2015
Carlisle, PA
Bumper and lights are on.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452980944321865

Last edited:
Z

zxylene

Nov 28, 2015
Carlisle, PA
I saw a few tool storage work boxes at Lowes and Home Depot from around $49 to $79 they seem very nice. I am thinking of getting one has anyone gone this route for a Box?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
I saw a few tool storage work boxes at Lowes and Home Depot from around $49 to $79 they seem very nice. I am thinking of getting one has anyone gone this route for a Box?
I used a 48" aluminum Bed Topper tool box on my P500, turned it on it "back" and it lifts up like a pickup bed tool box lid. Worked out very well.

See post 69 in this thread here start to finish how I mounted it: P500 - Jackal's P500

J

jayhondo

Jan 17, 2016
texas
New to site, sorry if entered incorrect. Found 8qt rubber feed bucket that with minor mods fits in underseat area. $10 vs $116. Pretty clean setup

Reactions: Hondasxs
Z

zxylene

Nov 28, 2015
Carlisle, PA
Thanks I put a oval trash can under there. I'm looking for a large box on the rack. I really think one of the construction work boxes would be great. I may just buy one and take it back if it doesn't fit right.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
New to site, sorry if entered incorrect. Found 8qt rubber feed bucket that with minor mods fits in underseat area. $10 vs $116. Pretty clean setup

Pictures please :rolleyes: