New Talon R owner checking in from southern Utah

F

Fyathyrio

Sep 24, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Hello, I'm Fyathyrio

I recently moved to rural Utah from San Diego after I retired from the Navy and finished my college degree. Seems everybody around here drives some sort of sxs just for day-to-day stuff and there's also a massive trail inventory just waiting to be explored. After much research, I went with Honda, and after a week or so of watching videos, reading reviews, and test drives I finally settled on the 1000R. It's getting prepped and a few things added at the dealer, I'll be able to take delivery in a day or three. Already have street legal kit, riding gear, tablet based GPS, gos & water cans, and a bunch of other stuff on the way to get it ready for long range exploration (or just getting the mail and some groceries!)

Here is a little info about me to begin with!
Honda SxS ownership : Yes, this is my first.
I have owned, or currently own the following: Motorcycle
My off-road experience level is: Intermediate
My favorite place to ride is: USA

VaHillbilly

VaHillbilly

NTC immigrant gardner
Supporting Member
Nov 16, 2018
Sw VA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello, I'm Fyathyrio

I recently moved to rural Utah from San Diego after I retired from the Navy and finished my college degree. Seems everybody around here drives some sort of sxs just for day-to-day stuff and there's also a massive trail inventory just waiting to be explored. After much research, I went with Honda, and after a week or so of watching videos, reading reviews, and test drives I finally settled on the 1000R. It's getting prepped and a few things added at the dealer, I'll be able to take delivery in a day or three. Already have street legal kit, riding gear, tablet based GPS, gos & water cans, and a bunch of other stuff on the way to get it ready for long range exploration (or just getting the mail and some groceries!)

Congrats on that sweet ride! Enjoy and share some pics when you can!

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Welcome from west Georgia. Enjoy it , we do need pics.

Reactions: VaHillbilly
Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
Welcome from the mud holes of WNY! Enjoy the heck out of that machine. ;)
NTC

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Welcome from The Great Lakes State.

Pics or it didn't happen :cool:

[HASHTAG]#NTC[/HASHTAG]

Reactions: Mudwing
F

Fyathyrio

Sep 24, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
I got an idea, I'll upload some pix! :D I don't have any of the Talon yet, it's getting stuff bolted on at the dealer, but I do have some from my riding area I took with help from my Jeep.

Bryce11

Grosvenor20Arch2007

Kolob20Canyon2010

F

Fyathyrio

Sep 24, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
OK, I got my Talon R tonight, in an effort to reach 100 miles as soon as possible I skipped dinner and went riding instead. About 12 miles out and cruising through the red hills north of Parowan Gap, I paused to snap this picture shortly before sunset. I then hopped in and went for another 50 miles or so, well into the dark. The ride varied between culverts under the interstate to nearly 9000ft up a nearby mountain. I got home about 9:30 with a big grin on my dusty face! Everything worked great, no complaints, regrets, or buyers remorse, other than having to stop riding soon to do the 100 mile maintenance.

The only add-ons so far are a windshield with vents at the bottom, the soft Honda back window, a pair of Rigid lights, and a bed extender.

A big shout out to Ron's Sporting Goods in Cedar City for making this one of the best buying experiences I may have ever had. From patiently answering all my newb questions to test rides on both R & X versions, to the actual buying experience, all was awesome!

New20grocery20gitter

RB3offroad

RB3offroad

Vendor
Nov 2, 2017
Tempe, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome to the Club from rb3offroad.com Tempe, Az, If you need any accessories check us out. Flag/whip/light and antenna mounts to wheel spacers!!!!

JimmyA

JimmyA

Oct 8, 2017
Northeast texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thank you for your service, Sir! Congrats and Welcome aboard from Northeast Texas.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Retired...living in southern UT, and has a Talon. Sounds like a tough life up there...

Thank you for your service, and I apologize for all the liberal assholes trying to ruin what you've defended.

Last edited:
Reactions: RB3offroad
R

RedNeckNinja

Sep 30, 2019
Fullerton, CA
Just picked up my R and will be moving out to Cedar City in two years. Hope to see you out on the trails!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Hello, I'm Fyathyrio

Welcome!

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Welcome and Congrats on your first Honda as being a Talon. Starting out with the top of the line is a great choice.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome to the club from Cleveland

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from Canton, OH
[HASHTAG]#NTC[/HASHTAG]

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!