Talon New Talon R

D

Diegokid

Sep 29, 2019
nowheresville
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
We were supposed to pick up our Talon Saturday 26 Oct 19 but just didn't happen, so it will be Wednesday afternoon. I've been reading about some issues that new owners are having with new talons such as.
1. Sub trans low on lubricant.
2. Mounting grommets missing for headlights/taillights other components ect.
3. Roof not tightened securely.
4. Tires rubbing when turning steering wheel.

There have been others here is my question has anyone made a checklist of things to check before leaving the dealer? As a retired military guy checklists were just a fact of everyday life in my AFSC so has anyone considered this.

Its been years since I've ridden ATVs and this is our first SXS. Would appreciate any input.

H

HondaTech

Welcome to the thread and (soon to be) Talon ownership.

I posted a thread about the issues I've seen from other dealers. I've even heard complaints of the steering wheel falling off.

Honda has a Set-Up/PDI checklist for a reason and we take it very seriously. Our service manager always looks over every new unit after set-up and the salesman you purchase it from will go over certain things with you before you take it home.

We also test drive every unit before you receive it. Give your new Talon a quick once over before loading it on a trailer. If they've moved it around their dealership at all, the wheel will show if the A-arm is rubbing it, and the other things will be plenty obvious. Make the dealer own up to the screw ups and ask to talk to the GM about the problem. Its inexcusable, alot of these dealers are just there for the sale and don't care about ever seeing you again.

Where might you be purchasing the unit from if you dont mind me asking?

Reactions: 1HasBeen

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!