S

steve_whiteside

Mar 31, 2019
San Diego
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Gents,
I have the stock tires and wheels on my 2020 1000-5 deluxe. I have maybe 1000 miles on my buggy. All offload but I use it as a utility vehicle on my property. Rutted dirt roads, sharp rocks, some beach sand and trails I have carved with my bobcat. Yesterday I got a pretty good 3/4" puncture (rear tire) from a cut off portion of a bush that was sticking out of the ground like a pungy stick. Im guessing due to the size of the cut Im not going to be able to repair that tire. So, I need to buy some tire(s).

I was eyeballing the Tusk Terrabite Aramid on this forum and then on line. Given I want to stay with my stock deluxe rims and I don't want to add spacers or lift, I have two questions. My questions are 1) what optimal, all around tire size should I go with in rear? 2) what is the advantage to going with the same size up front too? maybe I should replace fronts too??

If there is some other tire that is a clear winner for someone that is not that particular - let me know. Im open to ideas and there are way too many options for me that just wants to order something good and move on. :)

Thanks,

Steve

Last edited:
Reactions: Isaiah
S

steve_whiteside

Mar 31, 2019
San Diego
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
With a bit more research, it looks like for 14in diameter rims the aramid tires only come in 28x10-14. If I got 4 of these would they fit all around with no issues on a stock buggy?

Steve

S

steve_whiteside

Mar 31, 2019
San Diego
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
OK thanks, I will look them up.

JimmyA

JimmyA

Oct 8, 2017
Northeast texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have the Terrabites and like them a lot but They do not get much traction in muddy conditions. They are to me a good A?T tire not a MT

S

steve_whiteside

Mar 31, 2019
San Diego
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I have the Terrabites and like them a lot but They do not get much traction in muddy conditions. They are to me a good A?T tire not a MT
I see very little mud. Hard shards of rock, sand, gravel, dirt. The 10 days it rains here per year, I stay inside. My trouble now is the terabits with aramid are back ordered at Rocky Mountain. I went back to my buggy today and pushed 3 plugs into the gash. Pumped that tire up to 17psi and will check it in the morning. Regardless I won't be trusting that tire and want something new. If anyone knows of a source other than RM I could use it. I saw on amazon the radial Terabits but I want the aramid.

Spoonbill

Spoonbill

Apr 24, 2020
East TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I see very little mud. Hard shards of rock, sand, gravel, dirt. The 10 days it rains here per year, I stay inside. My trouble now is the terabits with aramid are back ordered at Rocky Mountain. I went back to my buggy today and pushed 3 plugs into the gash. Pumped that tire up to 17psi and will check it in the morning. Regardless I won't be trusting that tire and want something new. If anyone knows of a source other than RM I could use it. I saw on amazon the radial Terabits but I want the aramid.
Thank you Sir!!

Spoonbill

Spoonbill

Apr 24, 2020
East TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Gents,
I have the stock tires and wheels on my 2020 1000-5 deluxe. I have maybe 1000 miles on my buggy. All offload but I use it as a utility vehicle on my property. Rutted dirt roads, sharp rocks, some beach sand and trails I have carved with my bobcat. Yesterday I got a pretty good 3/4" puncture (rear tire) from a cut off portion of a bush that was sticking out of the ground like a pungy stick. Im guessing due to the size of the cut Im not going to be able to repair that tire. So, I need to buy some tire(s).

I was eyeballing the Tusk Terrabite Aramid on this forum and then on line. Given I want to stay with my stock deluxe rims and I don't want to add spacers or lift, I have two questions. My questions are 1) what optimal, all around tire size should I go with in rear? 2) what is the advantage to going with the same size up front too? maybe I should replace fronts too??

If there is some other tire that is a clear winner for someone that is not that particular - let me know. Im open to ideas and there are way too many options for me that just wants to order something good and move on. :)

Thanks,

Steve
Steve,
Check out the Tire Selection Buyers Guide by Rocky Moutain UTV You Tube; Excellent Comparisons on top five tire makes and Models. Your Aramid is reviews there as well.

Reactions: lifeisgoodsteve

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!