P1000m5 New to forum...needing advice

DerekC

DerekC

May 19, 2017
Little Rock, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Excited new owner of a P1K! I had all the plastics removed and had them rhino coated to give it a more murdered look. It turned out great! I just ordered a switch plate from mystic1219 and it is awesome, got switches from OTRATTW, ordered lights for front, back, and sides, and will also attempt to put LED's on the interior. All of the ideas and products have come from people on this forum so thank you all! I have decided that I will run all my accessories from a 2nd battery even though it's not necessary. Can anyone suggest a product that could make the wiring for this easier? I will need all the help I can get!! Ea070599613be3ff42cc3afea0ccec01B274bdfa4653c2a9bdb308e60d2e86b2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Excited new owner of a P1K! I had all the plastics removed and had them rhino coated to give it a more murdered look. It turned out great! I just ordered a switch plate from mystic1219 and it is awesome, got switches from OTRATTW, ordered lights for front, back, and sides, and will also attempt to put LED's on the interior. All of the ideas and products have come from people on this forum so thank you all! I have decided that I will run all my accessories from a 2nd battery even though it's not necessary. Can anyone suggest a product that could make the wiring for this easier? I will need all the help I can get!! View attachment 45359View attachment 45360

Welcome to the forum, sounds like you've been planning for a while.

I like the look of the bedliner, there are a couple of Cooper bussmann PDM that are pre-wired. I used a Rowe Electronics PDM60

It's gonna take a while to get it all wired, connections soilderd and cleaned up.

Do it all before you get it dirty, crawling around under it and trying to find the correct wire colors under mud isn't fun.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Excited new owner of a P1K! I had all the plastics removed and had them rhino coated to give it a more murdered look. It turned out great! I just ordered a switch plate from mystic1219 and it is awesome, got switches from OTRATTW, ordered lights for front, back, and sides, and will also attempt to put LED's on the interior. All of the ideas and products have come from people on this forum so thank you all! I have decided that I will run all my accessories from a 2nd battery even though it's not necessary. Can anyone suggest a product that could make the wiring for this easier? I will need all the help I can get!! View attachment 45359View attachment 45360

Welcome from North West AR. The 2nd battery is a good piece of mind to run. I used a fuse panel add on to distribute my power. I went in an measured all the amperage my lights and stereo would pull and was able to do through the switches and fuse panel - no need as of yet for a relay

J

JTW

Awesome and welcome! Use the box like @ohanacreek mentioned and you'll be good!

J

Jshell3

Welcome to the forum, sounds like you've been planning for a while.

I like the look of the bedliner, there are a couple of Cooper bussmann PDM that are pre-wired. I used a Rowe Electronics PDM60

It's gonna take a while to get it all wired, connections soilderd and cleaned up.

Do it all before you get it dirty, crawling around under it and trying to find the correct wire colors under mud isn't fun.
Amen to that.
About the clean vs muddy

J

Jimmy-AZ

Lifetime Member
May 9, 2017
Gold Canyon, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Very nice and very clean looking and welcome to the club. Keep us updated on your improvements.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good looking rig! Welcome from SE Missouri.

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Glad that you've joined the club. Keep us posted with your fun!

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Welcome from SE Tennessee. I've always liked that look on vehicles. Seen several jeeps and trucks with that on them. Any estimate on how much overall weight it would add to the Pioneer?

advertisement
DerekC

DerekC

May 19, 2017
Little Rock, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from SE Tennessee. I've always liked that look on vehicles. Seen several jeeps and trucks with that on them. Any estimate on how much overall weight it would add to the Pioneer?

I would only be guessing but I don't think it added much. Maybe 10 lb's at the most. The material feels really light and is not the exact same as would be in a Bedliner. I also had them leave the plastics that were already black and not coat them. So it's mainly the hood and 2 side panels on each side.

Reactions: drfubar
drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I would only be guessing but I don't think it added much. Maybe 10 lb's at the most. The material feels really light and is not the exact same as would be in a Bedliner. I also had them leave the plastics that were already black and not coat them. So it's mainly the hood and 2 side panels on each side.

Thanks

J

JTW

How much was it to shoot the hood and two side panels?

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Nice rig! Welcome to the forum from Texas!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!