Welcome to the Club!!

Reactions: sharp
G

GhostKilla1320

Jul 30, 2017
Greenville,SC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Welcome, that's quite a jump between your options. Rubicon 500 or Pioneer 1000?
The group i ride with just has atvs for now. A 2016 Sportsman 570, 2017 Sportsman 1000 highlifter, and me with the Sportsman 850 highlifter or my 2016 Foreman 500. Ive read up on the Talon being a sport sxs, like the pioneer but dont think i would use it for the utility vs more of a trail riding rig. I was thinking getting a Rubicon 500 and build it up and by time i pay it off and done modifying it the Talon will be out. Most of the trails at Carolina Adventure World are wide enough for a sxs but some of the smaller trails only a 50 inch could fit down (most is to get in between trails, parts on trail 4 to be exact, where some mud is hence the Highlifters.) I still love riding the atvs but i think i would like a trail/rock crawling set up with a small lift, slightly bigger tires than stock, and maybe a gear reduction on a P1k would be fun but at the same time the Talon being a sport version with more suspension travel etc. I love that the P1k eps has a true lever action 4x4, the I 4wd is a neat idea but i prefer being locked it not waiting for the system to work (like my polaris awd, love it and hate it) that being said i also would be fine without eps if the base had the ability to hold a gear with the paddle shifters. As for right now i need to sell one or both of my atvs to make room for either the Rubicon or a Pioneer. On another note i am planning on going to Carolina Adventure World this weekend Aug 5th if they have some rain to calm the dust down, will be on my Sportsman 850 Highlifter cant miss it with the GSE exhaust and my custom led cube headlights, would love to ride with a P1k to see how it dose. So far love this forum, lots of good reads if you dont get caried away just reading for a hour or 4..... :)

elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
We are supposed to get heavy rain tomorrow. If you use Weather Underground, look for station KSCRIDGE9. I think that is the closest PWS to CAW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G

GhostKilla1320

Jul 30, 2017
Greenville,SC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
We are supposed to get heavy rain tomorrow. If you use Weather Underground, look for station KSCRIDGE9. I think that is the closest PWS to CAW

Ill have to look into that, I just hate riding with a lot of dust. I can deal with not much mud to play in its the dust that i dont care much about. I have Winnsboro in my weather app on my galaxy at it says heavy rain for there Saturday. So far Thur and Fri is 20% Saturday is 60%, but i always take weather with a grain of salt(huge grain to be exact)

elkaholic

elkaholic

Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Looks like they moved the rain out since last night.

That weather station reports actual conditions so you can see how much rain has fallen in any given time frame

Last edited:
elkaholic

elkaholic

Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Looking again, KSCRIDGE6 is a little closer to CAW

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Welcome from a happy P500 in GA/Chattanooga. Check out Houston Valley OHV if in the area, also Prentice Cooper State Park.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!