New to the game!

B

BamaDave

Apr 28, 2021
South Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hello all! This is my 1st UTV, or ATV for that matter! I purchased it to support my thermal night hunting desire. This was based on my buddy saying to get ready to do a ton of walking, I’m like, heck no, I‘m starting to get into the seniors group (not to old I’m 61) and I have no desire to lug a AR-10 with a tripod around just to get some meat to put in the freezer! Well, this conversation happened a couple of months ago and that is when the research began. My buddy “Ray” also said that our primary target which are Hogs and whatever predators come along are also smarter than you think, and they have a great sense of smell and hearing for sure, that I need to consider an electric cart! I started looking at carts, and the bad boy buggy and I found out that was not really sustainable over an extended period of time. That had me looking at the electrical UTVs like the Intimidator and the HuntVe and I had initially made up my mind that I wanted a 64 volt HuntVe with the onboard generator and I was all set, I had actually found a clean 2018 used one that had just been traded in for a new one. It was the beginning of that afterthought as I soon found out that the 8-8-volt batteries were dead. I spoke with the folks down the street about acquiring new from them and a service guy sed to me, if it were him, he would pass on it as that will be an ongoing problem. Well, canceled that purchase! I started to get a Tracker 800XS and went to check it out and the manager with access to the keys had gone home for the day at 7:00 and they were still open. Anyway, I overheard some guys talking about UTVs and I spoke up as said that I’m looking for the quietest UTV so I can use it for stalk hunting, the whisper quiet Tracker 800XS and one of the guys spoke up and said he has a Pioneer 1000 and he has snuck up on Hogs within 50 yards and blasted them! He said they had no clue that he was there until after he fired on them. Will, that got me hooked into looking for a Pioneer 1000 and I just snagged one and she is on her way home! Sorry if I got long winded and almost ranting! David

IMG 4211

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Hello all! This is my 1st UTV, or ATV for that matter! I purchased it to support my thermal night hunting desire. This was based on my buddy saying to get ready to do a ton of walking, I’m like, heck no, I‘m starting to get into the seniors group (not to old I’m 61) and I have no desire to lug a AR-10 with a tripod around just to get some meat to put in the freezer! Well, this conversation happened a couple of months ago and that is when the research began. My buddy “Ray” also said that our primary target which are Hogs and whatever predators come along are also smarter than you think, and they have a great sense of smell and hearing for sure, that I need to consider an electric cart! I started looking at carts, and the bad boy buggy and I found out that was not really sustainable over an extended period of time. That had me looking at the electrical UTVs like the Intimidator and the HuntVe and I had initially made up my mind that I wanted a 64 volt HuntVe with the onboard generator and I was all set, I had actually found a clean 2018 used one that had just been traded in for a new one. It was the beginning of that afterthought as I soon found out that the 8-8-volt batteries were dead. I spoke with the folks down the street about acquiring new from them and a service guy sed to me, if it were him, he would pass on it as that will be an ongoing problem. Well, canceled that purchase! I started to get a Tracker 800XS and went to check it out and the manager with access to the keys had gone home for the day at 7:00 and they were still open. Anyway, I overheard some guys talking about UTVs and I spoke up as said that I’m looking for the quietest UTV so I can use it for stalk hunting, the whisper quiet Tracker 800XS and one of the guys spoke up and said he has a Pioneer 1000 and he has snuck up on Hogs within 50 yards and blasted them! He said they had no clue that he was there until after he fired on them. Will, that got me hooked into looking for a Pioneer 1000 and I just snagged one and she is on her way home! Sorry if I got long winded and almost ranting! David

View attachment 269309
HA! WELCOME from NW Arkansas! I like the color!

SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
Howdy from Oklahoma, and welcome to the club. Sounds like you did your homework, and came up with a "Home Run". 👍
If you ever make it to Oklahoma, you are welcome to hunt hogs on my land. I have to call the federal trapper at least a couple of times a year to come and clean them out.:mad:

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Welcome from the Once great state of Miiiiiiichian!

That was on hell of a book! Have u ever thought of being another Steven King? 🤣 JK

Nice rig! Love the green! Dont listen to the others, Green is the toughest BA machine color out there! We didnt ware Red in war! We wore Green! Kick ass and ride on 💪

advertisement
advertisement