New wheels on X

M

mmjsport

Apr 23, 2021
California
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Sorry if its a dumb question or its been asked before. If I wanted to put 4+3 off set wheels on all four corners with 32x10x15 tires on a 1000x-4 would that make the overall width around 70” or 68”? I’m guessing since the rear would be smaller I would need probably spacers so maintain the same width as the front which is fine. I want to get some 15” beadlocks but want to have a 68”-70” width. Thanks for all the help everyone!

Reactions: Blownzuki
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
It's not quite that simple, running 4+3 on the fronts will affect your scrub radius and could screw with your steering. How much? I have no idea. To add to the complexity - the 4 + 3 numbers (etal) vary wildly between mfrs to the point they're almost useless. All you can do is try it and see if you're OK with the results. Used Talon wheels are becoming more and more available so finding a used set shouldn't be a problem in the land of the perpetual summer. :cool:

The link in my sig will take you to some basic Talon information, if you haven't seen it. It's also a sticky in the General Talon 1000 Discussion forum making it easy to find.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Sorry if its a dumb question or its been asked before. If I wanted to put 4+3 off set wheels on all four corners with 32x10x15 tires on a 1000x-4 would that make the overall width around 70” or 68”? I’m guessing since the rear would be smaller I would need probably spacers so maintain the same width as the front which is fine. I want to get some 15” beadlocks but want to have a 68”-70” width. Thanks for all the help everyone!
Welcome from Michigan!
what @CID said Is all u need to know!

No Pics or your rig yet! Year, model and mileage?
Pics Or It Didnt Happen!

M

mmjsport

Apr 23, 2021
California
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
No pics as of yet since the rig has not arrived. Ordered a 2022 Talon x4 from the dealer. Hopefully here in a few weeks. Just want to get all the little stuff ready to install as soon it arrives. Looking to choose some wheels and tires to get that desired width. I remember going into the scrub radius stuff a while back. Makes sense. Hoping someone with some tires and wheels that have that specific width to give their opinion. Thanks. Also I follow your other thread Remington so I appreciate that content!

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
No pics as of yet since the rig has not arrived. Ordered a 2022 Talon x4 from the dealer. Hopefully here in a few weeks. Just want to get all the little stuff ready to install as soon it arrives. Looking to choose some wheels and tires to get that desired width. I remember going into the scrub radius stuff a while back. Makes sense. Hoping someone with some tires and wheels that have that specific width to give their opinion. Thanks. Also I follow your other thread Remington so I appreciate that content!
No Problem and thanks for the complement. I apologize and didnt know u havent got your rig yet.
hope u get it sooner than expected.

Reactions: Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!