P1000 No Idea of selling price for used 2018 P-1000 LE

jp_holy

jp_holy

Jul 6, 2020
Kenton, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Injured my hand and won't be able to ride for a while so I'm parting ways with my 2018 P-1000 LE. What is a good selling price?
595 miles
122 hours
Has 5 year compass platinum protection coverage with $0 deductible
Brand new rims and tires
Comes with extra set of rims and tires
MTX MUDSYS46 Soundbar
Flip Up Windshield
Soft Mesh Full Top Sun Shade
Rearview Mirrow
22 Inch-LED Light Bar

1 2 3 4

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Injured my hand and won't be able to ride for a while so I'm parting ways with my 2018 P-1000 LE. What is a good selling price?
595 miles
122 hours
Has 5 year compass platinum protection coverage with $0 deductible
Brand new rims and tires
Comes with extra set of rims and tires
MTX MUDSYS46 Soundbar
Flip Up Windshield
Soft Mesh Full Top Sun Shade
Rearview Mirrow
22 Inch-LED Light Bar

View attachment 227841 View attachment 227842 View attachment 227843 View attachment 227844
Sellers market right now it seems, but I can't answer your question.
Sorry to hear about the hand.

Reactions: Backwoods
Raghorn

Raghorn

Aug 26, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Sorry to hear about the hand. Hope for a speedy recovery.

Seems like your local market will really dictate the price. Jeremie is right, definitely a seller's market. Can you find any local comparisons?

Now, if you're cutting a deal too good to refuse, I may just have to make a road trip to you! 😁

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Sorry to hear about the hand. Hope for a speedy recovery.

Seems like your local market will really dictate the price. Jeremie is right, definitely a seller's market. Can you find any local comparisons?

Now, if you're cutting a deal too good to refuse, I may just have to make a road trip to you! 😁
I bet I can get there quicker if the price is too good to be true 😜

Todd627

Todd627

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
@jp_holy, how is the welded a-arm tab you fixed holding up?

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I bet I can get there quicker if the price is too good to be true 😜
Kenton, OH isn't too far of a drive for you.....DO IT!!!!

jp_holy

jp_holy

Jul 6, 2020
Kenton, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Better than new. Was kind of hesitant at 1st but rode some aggressive trails near Zanesfield Ohio labor day weekend, and it is proven to hold tight. It is nice and strong now

Todd627

Todd627

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Better than new. Was kind of hesitant at 1st but rode some aggressive trails near Zanesfield Ohio labor day weekend, and it is proven to hold tight. It is nice and strong now
Awesome! The pics you posted of the welded tab looked pretty stout 👍

M

mykaos

Aug 7, 2019
AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
This is just "my opinion"...

Let's start with this:
KBB = $16,540
NADA = $14,454 - $19,080
Based on the pictures, your machine is extraordinarily clean, with just the right mods, that's a plus.

Reality:
For a quick cash sale price it at the KBB point"ish".. figure on settling around $16,000.
If your not in a big hurry and are willing to work w/ a well qualified buyer that has his / her financial ducks in a row (in other words pre qualified w/ their lender) price it at or maybe a bit above NADA top dollar.

Tips (based on my buying /selling motorcycles, cars, pickups, RV's, SxS's):
Not a lot of buyers are going to show up w/ that kind of cash or have that kind of cash instantly available (I had the cash in the bank, but, I made a deal on a TH / truck package on a Sunday, seller understood and we met at my bank on Monday, they got their cash. I listed the truck a month later on 3 day weekend, buyer showed up on Sunday, gave me a deposit, I parked the truck and pulled it off CL, he brought me the balance on Tuesday when the banks opened.)
What I mean by "willing to work w/ a well qualified buyer" is understanding the process of them actually obtaining funds will be 24 - 72 hours (Once we agreed on a price for our DP MH and I had the buyers order in hand, the dealer had a check in hand from my credit union within 24 hrs and I've done the same with private party purchases on a couple of bikes).
Loose any emotional attachment you may have to the machine. A buyer can sense that and it doesn't help w/ the sale (I ended up pulling my beloved Dodge diesel off the market due to this and sold it to my son at a steep discount).
Never judge a book by it's cover. (We would purposely leave Tow Pig and the ESV at home and take our $1500 mismatched paint / wheels Mercedes during our DP MH search).

• Wow
Reactions: wrhii and Backwoods
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!