BOX1

Talon No Zerk grease fittings on the Talon?

cummins14

cummins14

Jul 18, 2019
GA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Coming from a Can Am that had a zerk fitting that I could pump the grease into at practically every moving joint, I am surprised at the lack of lube points on the Talons. I'm sure that Honda is smarter than I am, but it still seems like adding some grease couldn't hurt.

S

Someguy

Jun 15, 2016
Krakow Wi.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Coming from a Can Am that had a zerk fitting that I could pump the grease into at practically every moving joint, I am surprised at the lack of lube points on the Talons. I'm sure that Honda is smarter than I am, but it still seems like adding some grease couldn't hurt.
I have been riding Honda ATV's for 25+ years. None have had a grease fitting. I have rode these machines average of 7-10k miles b4 tradeing on a new machine. I never had a problem with a moving joint. I had stator go out on a machine. Other than normal oil changes, and clean air filter, that was the only maintenance I had to do. Had a pioneer 1000 b4 my Talon, 7200mi no issue's. Honda's cost more initially when purchased, but get all the money back with reduced maintenace cost. You can't ride a machine when it's in the shop for repairs or maintenance. . JMHO.

nm6r

nm6r

Jun 7, 2019
Sandia Park, NM
Ownership

1. Talon R

I was wondering the same thing and kept meaning to post but somehow kept forgetting to. lol

It's good to hear from Someguy's experience with Honda ATVs. My experience with a Polaris RZR is completely different. I found I had to grease all the Zerk fittings and the wheel bearings early on. This is a known, common issue. I also had to grease the sway bar Zerk fittings every couple rides to eliminate squeaks.

cummins14

cummins14

Jul 18, 2019
GA
Ownership

1. Talon X
I guess Honda uses a Polyurethane instead of normal ole rubber, which would practically eliminate the need.

S

Someguy

Jun 15, 2016
Krakow Wi.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Guys that buy talons don’t know how to use a grease gun or 4x4... so what the point?
The point was Honda uses sealed wheel bearings, sealed tie rod end,and balljoints. Most cars and haven't had a grease fitting for 20 years, and can go 100k miles without needing replacement. I know people who have Polaris sidexsides that have to replace wheel bearings every year, if they don't repack them every few Times they get in deep water or mud. Also I do know how to use a grease gun. I have been a mechanic for 40+yrs. And yes I do all my own maintenance. I prefer to do other things, like ride my UTV, rather than doing alot of maintenance.

Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon x4
The point was Honda uses sealed wheel bearings, sealed tie rod end,and balljoints. Most cars and haven't had a grease fitting for 20 years, and can go 100k miles without needing replacement. I know people who have Polaris sidexsides that have to replace wheel bearings every year, if they don't repack them every few Times they get in deep water or mud. Also I do know how to use a grease gun. I have been a mechanic for 40+yrs. And yes I do all my own maintenance. I prefer to do other things, like ride my UTV, rather than doing alot of maintenance.

JTW was teasing..........

Cast and reel, whammmo every time

J

JTW

Grin GIF - Grin - Discover & Share GIFs

2CB6A4ED 3FEB 4617 A0C8 48CFC1FAF982

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!