Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
My current rims are just a basic solid rim. I'm looking to fancy it up with a nicer rim with red in it
I just knew it! Who in there right mind would want to take the cheapest way out! I sure didn't! HA!

• Haha
Reactions: Isaiah and GWH
M

Marcel

Nov 14, 2018
Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
i went with an 6+1 rim with a 1” spacer on the back. I bought 28x10x14 tires all around So I can rotate them. I went with a 6+1 rim because I already have trails I can barely fit through the check points, any wider and I‘m not getting through.

the original bighorns 2.0 are the most comfortable tires I’ve tried yet, and surprisingly durable for a 4 ply tire, but noisy on hard trail since the P1000 is so quiet at speeds.

I now have an 8 ply ITP Baha Cross with a smooth tread like you're looking to get. The ride is smooth and very quiet, I can no longer hear any road noise on hard trail like the bighorns. BUT, they are firm and the ride suffers, I guess those are the trade off of a more durable tire. I compensate by removing some air from the tires, around 8 psi up front and 11 psi in the back.

The smooth tread also affects performance in mud but that’s to be expected. I was testing them knowing they‘d be worse, but in 4wd I had trouble getting stuck as long as I kept my momentum going. Stop and your stuck in holes I usually would have made it through.

I think every tire has a trade off, know what they are before choosing and you’ll be happy with your choice. I kept my bighorns for winter and I’m happy with my choices.

I hope that helps.

B

Bako-ken

Apr 19, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Motohammer 27x14x9, Method wheels. Think the 28x10x14 Motohammer would be better. Will need 1” spacers for the rear if the wheel offset is the same front/rear.

20F9ECBF 046C 4467 9F4E 3A6FCF1663C4 15005AD9 65D9 4589 92CD 7663A19F0F5D BBE5A01E EB23 4AA0 9708 5E0EA1D3CB7E

G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
i went with an 6+1 rim with a 1” spacer on the back. I bought 28x10x14 tires all around So I can rotate them. I went with a 6+1 rim because I already have trails I can barely fit through the check points, any wider and I‘m not getting through.

the original bighorns 2.0 are the most comfortable tires I’ve tried yet, and surprisingly durable for a 4 ply tire, but noisy on hard trail since the P1000 is so quiet at speeds.

I now have an 8 ply ITP Baha Cross with a smooth tread like you're looking to get. The ride is smooth and very quiet, I can no longer hear any road noise on hard trail like the bighorns. BUT, they are firm and the ride suffers, I guess those are the trade off of a more durable tire. I compensate by removing some air from the tires, around 8 psi up front and 11 psi in the back.

The smooth tread also affects performance in mud but that’s to be expected. I was testing them knowing they‘d be worse, but in 4wd I had trouble getting stuck as long as I kept my momentum going. Stop and your stuck in holes I usually would have made it through.

I think every tire has a trade off, know what they are before choosing and you’ll be happy with your choice. I kept my bighorns for winter and I’m happy with my choices.

I hope that helps.
That’s the most honest review I have read,from someone spending their hard earned money

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!